Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs open on Christmas eve

• 19-12-2013 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

This might seem like a pretty odd question, but I'm not a huge pub person myself and so am not quite sure what time pubs are open until on Christmas eve?

Have family coming over from the UK, and after picking them up from the airport that might, we were going to go for something to eat and I know they'd like a few drinks somewhere.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Technically it's normal closing time, but most pubs close early on Christmas Eve. You'd be lucky to find many open after 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

You might be better off with more local pubs rather than pubs in the city centre if you're looking for something in the late evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Yeah, I thought most of them would be closing pretty early alright. Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭overthebridge

The new Molly's down by watergate is good for a late drink on Xmas eve. If you're in before 9ish you'll be left drink away.
    Have spent many Xmas eve's in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Most the local pubs will stay open till around 10, some a little later. They will be packed out from early in the night though so if you want to head in for a few pints I wouldn't leave it too late.

• Advertisement

All the pubs will be "open" in the sense that they are serving customers. It's been a good few years since I lived in Limerick now, but as I remember it ALL pubs will close their doors early, even mid to late afternoon for a lot of them, and only serve the customers the staff decide they will comfortably handle until such a time as they have already decided finish up.

Is that still the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Unfortunately, I won't be in town tonight but Acoustra are the only Live gig in Limerick tonight in Flannerys. They are a cracking band. See link here. I haven;t a clue how to paste images. http://www.facebook.com/flanneryslimerick

Advertisement