Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agency in christchurch

Options
  • 19-12-2013 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello everyone,
    I have been in contact with a work agency in christchurch they have offered me a job out there.but they want me sign a bond for $3,600 :eek: ,even though im payin my own visa,flights and accomadation
    Im told this is to cover their time spent in sorting me with a job incase i leave and go working direct for the contractor.Is this the normal practice of all agencies ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 perkins 540

Any one know is this the same with all work agencies ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Sounds dodgy to me.

All recruitment agencies I've worked for have been paid by the company and not me. Or say they'd pay me $20 an hour but charge the company $30.

I'd be very wary about what they're saying to be honest and would look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shamrock02

You best bet in my opinion is to come out on your own,Then visit a few agencies here, leaves it that your not tied down with one agency, ive heard good and bad stories about all of them, But theres plenty of work here, so it will be handy enough to get a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TheGreenOne

Hi Perkins,
    I would have to agree with the other posters that sounds very dodgy! Personally I think you should just come out on your own and take it from there.
    Best of Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 danielstook

hi there, please stay away from this agency! if I can help with giving you any info, then please ask! dan

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

an introduction to recruitment agencies.

Both recruitment consultants and employment agencies are engaged by employers to fill vacancies and therefore don’t charge you for finding you a job (they’re finding an employee for the employer, not vice versa). A recruitment consultant who merely sends your CV to prospective employers is unlikely to find you a job, whereas a consultant with employers on his books in the industry in which you want to work (ask for proof) could prove to be a useful contact. Among the largest recruitment agencies are:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 perkins 540

Thanks for replies ,have decided to avoid agency

Advertisement