Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liebherr thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭listrybabe

WikiHow wrote: »
    I like to keep up to current affairs thats all.

another couple titbits for you, yea their is more than one union,electricians also have their own union, and office staff are not allowed to join siptu or any other union, any idea why ? think !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

WikiHow wrote: »
    I like to keep up to current affairs thats all.

Don't bitel. She's been fishing for a few days now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

[Chomp]
    listrybabe wrote: »
    blah - blah - blah...not allowed to join siptu or any other union, any idea why ? think !!
    Oh a conspiracy theory!
    I'm assuming (seeing as you have the inside knowledge and all) that you and others are aware that everyone has a legal right, actually enshrined in our constitution, to be a part of a union - or not, if they so wish.
    No company can prevent someone from being a member of a union - all they can do is not engage directly with a union, should they not wish to do so. It doesn't stop mediation through a 3rd party should the need arise.
    So..is it that people simply don't want to be a member of a union perhaps?
    Or, given your inside edge was there any effort to join a union by the "office staff"
    I would doubt if there is any specific reference to "not being allowed to join a union" or such as this would be open to a challenge. Also, anyone who does join a union can't be treated differently as a result, no company would be so naive as to take a hard (dismissal) line against someone for being a part of a union - even if they (the company) didn't recognise it.
    As for your "titbit" about other unions - is it even relevant to the current discussion as it appears to be only siptu that are rejecting the proposals.

But, do keep it up - you're gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 toffee dave

b.harte wrote: »
    [Chomp]

Oh a conspiracy theory!
    I'm assuming (seeing as you have the inside knowledge and all) that you and others are aware that everyone has a legal right, actually enshrined in our constitution, to be a part of a union - or not, if they so wish.
    No company can prevent someone from being a member of a union - all they can do is not engage directly with a union, should they not wish to do so. It doesn't stop mediation through a 3rd party should the need arise.
    So..is it that people simply don't want to be a member of a union perhaps?
    Or, given your inside edge was there any effort to join a union by the "office staff"
    I would doubt if there is any specific reference to "not being allowed to join a union" or such as this would be open to a challenge. Also, anyone who does join a union can't be treated differently as a result, no company would be so naive as to take a hard (dismissal) line against someone for being a part of a union - even if they (the company) didn't recognise it.
    As for your "titbit" about other unions - is it even relevant to the current discussion as it appears to be only siptu that are rejecting the proposals.

But, do keep it up - you're gas.

And you are a condesending arsehole, who does not have a clue about what is going on in Liebherr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

And you are a condesending arsehole, who does not have a clue about what is going on in Liebherr.

So tell us what is?

Anyone hear what this 11 point plan is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 greengold96

Scortho wrote: »
    So tell us what is?

Anyone hear what this 11 point plan is?

If it doesnt bother you,dont worry ur head ...

I'd like to know, but no one will come on and post what it is!
    If it's so awful, then why hasn't it been publicised by siptu to try gain public support.

As it stands it looks like a handful of employees have thrown their toys out of the pram over a minuscule pay increase in return for these 11 conditions as they were made out to be awful changes in work practices.
    What are these 11 changes?

If it's so awful, then why hasn't it been publicised by siptu to try gain public support.

As it stands it looks like a handful of employees have thrown their toys out of the pram over a minuscule pay increase in return for these 11 conditions as they were made out to be awful changes in work practices.

There afraid to put it up because it blows there excuses out of the water. I'd say half the people that voted against it probably haven't even read it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Odelay

Exactly, if it's so terrible that its worth closing the plant over, what is it? Must be absoutley horrific?

Why do I ask? Well maybe someday I'll have to face such a terrible 11 point plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Go onto Donedeal, go into farming section, look at the ads for Sheds in Co. Kerry!

• Advertisement

If it doesnt bother u,dont worry ur head...

You keep saying this as opposed to answering any questions?

What's the staff trying to hide?
    Also a bit of reality for you, no strike is own without public support

You keep saying this as opposed to answering any questions?

What's the staff trying to hide?
    Also a bit of reality for you, no strike is own without public support

I've a feeling that's listrys alter ego!

Dont bite.michael999999 has been fishing for the past few day's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Excellent debate altogether :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Just trying to get the thread locked I suppose. Anything but tell us what the 11 conditions are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Odelay

If it doesnt bother u,dont worry ur head...

You keep saying that but it does worry/bother me, what is this terrible 11 point plan that may, at some stage be copied and be enforced by my employers? If it is so terrible there would be no shame in posting it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Odelay wrote: »
    You keep saying that but it does worry/bother me, what is this terrible 11 point plan that may, at some stage be copied and be enforced by my employers? If it is so terrible there would be no shame in posting it?
    Dont be feeding the troll.

Posts have been reported

Its pretty obvious why liebherr seem to be taking a tough stance. Imagine having these guys working for you with this attitude!

They really are an embarrassment to our county!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

siptu, killing geese who lay golden eggs since the early 20th century. The reality is the union officials with rather see the plant close. Sadly has happened here many times before. Feel sad for the majority staff who want to keep their jobs and life style - life without this blue chip employer life looks bleak down there.

• Advertisement

listrybabe wrote: »
    you seem to do a lot of thinking

In SIPTU, boy, we don't got no truck fer yer fancy "thinking'".

Odelay wrote: »

I really dont think an employee should post details of the plan on a public forum.It should be left up to the company or Siptu to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I really dont think an employee should post details of the plan on a public forum.It should be left up to the company or Siptu to do that.

A short summary of the plan would do no harm. If the workers in question want to hide behind this infamous plan as the reason for their behaviour then they should at least give people the gist of it. They are doing themselves no favours and public opinion is firmly against them at the minute, maybe unfairly, but from the outside looking in it looks like they are being petty and unreasonable. Of course we don't have all the facts. Hope it gets resolved, it would be such a shame to see jobs go at the plant needlessly, most of the workers there wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting a comparable job / salary locally again.

Its pretty obvious why liebherr seem to be taking a tough stance. Imagine having these guys working for you with this attitude!

They really are an embarrassment to our county!
    You really dont need anyone to embarrass you.You are doing a superb job of that by yourself.You come on here and post myths and gossip about the dispute at Liebherr.You remind me of that guy during the gulf war.Comical Ali."No, no there are no American tanks in Bagdad"( Ah' there behind you).Although i will say one thing for you.You have become a great source of amusement for alot of people i work with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Go onto Donedeal, go into farming section, look at the ads for Sheds in Co. Kerry!

What's that got to do with the price of fish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Ad gone now, was advertising large building deemed suitable for wide range of agricultural uses. Lots of cheap local labour also available to fork in feed to animals. phone Hans, priced at 1 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Ad gone now, was advertising large building deemed suitable for wide range of agricultural uses. Lots of cheap local labour also available to fork in feed to animals. phone Hans, priced at 1 euro.

Should have gave the no. of local siptu rep.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭beertons

playeda wrote: »
    Do Lieber own one of the big hotels in Killarney?

http://tasktojob.com/index.php?task=61577

I think they own the Europa.

Indo today

FYI Liebherr own the Hotel Europe and Dunloe Castle in Killarney as well as Hotel Ard na Sidhe on the Ring of Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I don't know the ins and outs like pretty much anyone else here.

But from the outside it seems mad that some of the workforce are willing to risk everything over what seems petty compared to whats at stake.
    Especially in the current climate and especially with a setup that goes back to sentimental ties rather than economical calculation. And Kerry isn't exactly prime target for heavy industry investors either.

Even rejecting labour court mediation. :o

From the outside it looks like the part of the workforce responsible for this are seriously overplaying their hand and are acting recklessly on behalf of the entire workforce and the region.

If they are not willing or capable of publicly representing their position in a reasonable manner they will simply have to live with the fact that the rest of the country thinks they're stone mad greedy me feiners.

The attitude shown here by those who advocate this gamble doesn't exactly help either.

Advertisement