Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my gun!

Options
  • 19-12-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

After a 2 month wait I am the proud owner of a Baikal mp18! I know a single shot gun is far from impressive for most shooters but I'm really happy with It! Also I've seen the same gun online only with a synthetic stock, is there anyway of converting it from wood to synthetic?
    Thanks for viewing :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

We'll done lad. May you shoot safe,straight and accurate.

There a great reliable gun. Well may she wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ChrisBarrett7

We'll done lad. May you shoot safe,straight and accurate.

There a great reliable gun. Well may she wear.

Thanks man! I'll shoot safe anyway can't promise accuracy haha. Not too bad though getting better

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chilipepper

well done dude, that's a nice looking gun.
    Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

Best of Luck and don't be worrying that it's just a single barrel, it will get you going and you can then move on to a double barrel. I know you will enjoy.

Take your time and safe shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

You can only get better with practice that's what you tell the women anyway.

My father in law has the very same gun and its a great yoke lovely and light you would carry it all day.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads. A double barrel would have been handy today shooting but I suppose I'll just have to get good enough to land them with one shot!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Congrats and very nice. Hope you have many days of safe and enjoyable shooting.

I don't know many lads, my age and older, that did not start on a single barrel and found it more than effective. Silly notion i've always had but it makes you a better shot as you only get one pop at your game. You won't know what to do with yourself if you move to O/U later on.

As for the stock. All i can suggest is to watch out, or search online, for a synthetic stock for sale.

Again best of luck with it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Super gun, well ware. I started with one myself. It is supprisingly good on high birds. All the best and safe shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭valerossi

Grand job lad own a o/u Baikal proofed in 1950 it was my fathers and now mine and she has never once in living memory failed to shoot, a good solid mule so they are I still take it out from time to time.

Good time of year to start to with the hedges dying back and the livestock in handy to pick permissions up too.

Well done anyway lad make sure she fits you well and your already off to a good start and welcome to a world of pulling thorns out of your arse, shocking your balls climbing fences being cold, wet but delighted cause your doing what you love.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

One barrel, one cartridge, one kill, what more can you ask for?
    Best of luck and don't forget to post your first bag.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads can't wait to get out there for hunting proper :D

Advertisement