Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting VHS to DVD?

Options
  • 19-12-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Mods please please move this if it will cause annoyance here! I wasn't sure where to post it...

Hi all

Thanks for clicking into this thread.

Does anyone know where one might avail of a service that would copy all my VHS cassettes onto DVD for me? I live in Dublin, often visit Carlow too, so anywhere between or in the two would be great.

I know it can be done at home but I don't have the brains or the tools!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

How many VHS tapes are you talking about?

Are they standard old VHS films that you are just unwilling to buy again on DVD, or are they personal videos like home videos, wedding videos etc ?

Maplins have a converter box device.

Maplins Link

So you'd still need a working VHS player, and a computer to store the resulting DVD image.

If I were doing this for myself, I've an old video player and a separate DVD Player which also records DVDs.
    I'd connect them both, hit play on the VHS player and record on the DVD player... but it's still going to take 90 mins of work per tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭My Makeup Perspective

Hi CreepingDeath!

They're all old childhood videos, holidays etc. There's quite a few, I'd say maybe 15 in total, which will be pricey from what little I've googled.

Might actually be worth my while to get that convertor, now that you suggest it! I have an old working VHS player (It's VHS and DVD player in one but I guess that would work?) and I have a laptop.

Thanks CreepingDeath!

Advertisement