Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way around needing Gold on XBox 360 for Netflix streaming?

Options
  • 19-12-2013 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Love my xbox for gaming, not interested in online gaming as its only for passing de time when the kids are away from home :-)

But since my Wii broke which was streaming netflix to my TV, I've wasted several months of Netflix subscription as I can't watch it (and no I don't want to watch it on a 13" laptop screen when I have a 42" TV!!!!!

No way am I paying Gold membership just to watch what I already paid for:mad:

If there are no alternatives then Ive got one:D SELL IT!! My son has a PS3 and will probably want the PS4 for his birthday………….:rolleyes::D:D

Thanks for any ideas/tips :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Watch Netflix on your sons PS3 or if your laptop has HDMI out, connect it to your TV>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Watch Netflix on your sons PS3 or if your laptop has HDMI out, connect it to your TV>

Cheers for that, will check the HDMI ports on my MacBook as sons PS3 in another room.

There's hope.... Hopefully!! :-) thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

For the price of a years Gold, you'd kinda be in 2nd hand Wii territory...if you wanted to just get another Wii

mumof2 wrote: »
    Cheers for that, will check the HDMI ports on my MacBook as sons PS3 in another room.

There's hope.... Hopefully!! :-) thanks!!

And…..

Theres no HDMI port at all on my MacBook Pro:(

I actually have 2 Wii's and as far as I can tell I just need to get a replacement sensor bar again, (I think the unit was working last time I played):o

Will see what I can do over Christmas, but paying out money is not an option:p

Cheers everyone :-)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Do you have a blu ray player? You might be able to download apps to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

mumof2 wrote: »

I actually have 2 Wii's and as far as I can tell I just need to get a replacement sensor bar again, (I think the unit was working last time I played):o

You could try the candle trick instead of shelling out for a new sensor bar.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Wii-Sensor-Bar-Candle-Trick/

You could try the candle trick instead of shelling out for a new sensor bar.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Wii-Sensor-Bar-Candle-Trick/

Had heard of that before - ingenious!!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do you have a blu ray player? You might be able to download apps to that.

No, don't have that either.

Problem solved for now anyhow, using my Mac Mini, (such a transportable device:p) Ive hooked that up with my big screen using the HDMI cable suggested above! Thanks so much for all tips;)

Edit: Next I'll need a wireless mac keyboard and leave my Mac Mini where it is! Why move it back at all :-) Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

You could try a chromecast. I picked one up on ebay for €42 shipped recently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sorry for resurrecting the thread but maybe of interest, MS have announced that entertainment apps eg Netflix, will no longer require gold from June.

• Advertisement

Thats very nice of MS to do that - but it's too late for them - I've switched back to PS3 for gaming and streaming :-)

Advertisement