Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog eating door

• 19-12-2013 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

We moved house a few months ago. It's been a time of change between house moves, change in routines and we had a long holiday where we left herself behind so a lot happening.
    Doggie is left outside during the day when we are at work but we come home for lunch so she is left from 9-1 and 2-5.30. She is walked in mornings, given food in different treat balls, odd bones and treats.
    About 3 weeks ago she destroyed the outside of the front door and has done little bits since. She seems quite happy to be outside and goes mad when she hears the keys in the mornings and we open the door. She was kept inside in our last house but now we are in a rural environment she seems to love it outside.
    The destroying of the door must be seperation anxiety but I'm not sure what to do about it. When we are home she's inside always.
    There was hunters around for the last few weeks so wondering if something like gunshots affected her.
    I know none of ye are mind readers but just wondering what your thoughts are.
    Thanks!

Oh she's 3.5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We moved house a few months ago. It's been a time of change between house moves, change in routines and we had a long holiday where we left herself behind so a lot happening.
    Doggie is left outside during the day when we are at work but we come home for lunch so she is left from 9-1 and 2-5.30. She is walked in mornings, given food in different treat balls, odd bones and treats.
    About 3 weeks ago she destroyed the outside of the front door and has done little bits since. She seems quite happy to be outside and goes mad when she hears the keys in the mornings and we open the door. She was kept inside in our last house but now we are in a rural environment she seems to love it outside.
    The destroying of the door must be seperation anxiety but I'm not sure what to do about it. When we are home she's inside always.
    There was hunters around for the last few weeks so wondering if something like gunshots affected her.
    I know none of ye are mind readers but just wondering what your thoughts are.
    Thanks!

Oh she's 3.5

When we got our first dog our vet advised us that when we were going out to leave the dog wherever they normally sleep. My dogs don't do anything while we are out I reckon they just sleep :) If I suddenly started leaving them outside I think they would go crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

try using Crib halt... its excellent at keeping dogs from chewing, I used it when I was at my wits end with my cocker chewing the entire houes, it sorted the issue straight out, plus its safe for animals etc.

google it, you can order it online etc!

Advertisement