Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paranormal team looking for new members

Options
  • 19-12-2013 11:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17

New paranormal team cork supernatural society are looking for new members to join us on investigations.We visit places known to be haunted,such as timoleague abbey,ballinacarriga castle,st.kevins asylum and more..If you are intrested places contact us on are facebook page cork supernatural society or post here thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

New paranormal team cork supernatural society are looking for new members to join us on investigations.We visit places known to be haunted,such as timoleague abbey,ballinacarriga castle,st.kevins asylum and more..If you are intrested places contact us on are facebook page cork supernatural society or post here thanks:)

Do you get permission to enter these places? or just show up and hope you won't be spotted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Or you could just stay at home and accept that it's all nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

How can there be places "known to be haunted"? It's nonsense - you'd be better off "investigating" Santa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 paranormal investigators

i have been to these places and seen first hand that they are haunted..have you ever been on a investigation?if not and you dont have an interest place dont bother making comments.And yes we get permission to visit these places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

i have been to these places and seen first hand that they are haunted..have you ever been on a investigation?if not and you dont have an interest place dont bother making comments.And yes we get permission to visit these places.

Doesn't sound like much of an "investigation" if one approaches it believing, in advance, in things that don't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

I'd be more interested in the urban exploration bit rather than the paranormal aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Me me can I join have been waiting for one of these in Cork for a long time. Love going to places not only for the haunts but just to see. would be very interested.

we dont think evrywhere we go is haunted and tbh 7 out of 10 places we go you are right there is nothing there and at least we say that.Milly33 you would be more then welcome to come along and c what you think.If you are on facebook look up are page and send us a message and we can sort something out .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

hi I,m not really a believer in this sort of thing but interested 2 find out y ppl do, how often ye meet and what do ye do when ye get 2 the "haunted house"??

Well we try to visit places supposedly haunted every 2 to 3 weeks .I think we all have are own reasons for being intrested,i had a few strange things happen when i was younger so got involved that way.As for when we get to places first of all we set up are equipment,then we walk around the entire location.When we do get activity we try to stay as calm as we can, and try to get as mutch info that we possibly can.

• Advertisement

What equipment do you use? What do you do with the info? How many sites have you visited? Do you have permission to visit them? What are your results so far, and where do you publish the data?

Oh, and what are your qualifications to "investigate"?

we use voice recorders,emfs ,k2,infrared thermometers,motion sensors,motion camers with night vision and normal cameras just to take photos.we have visited 10 locations as a group, but we have all been to many places over the years.We normally have permission the odd time we do go to places we are not ment to be at,but we never break any windows to get in or anything like that.We found timoleague abbey ballinacarriga castle and cobh old church cemetery to be active.We have no qualificions its more of a very strong hobby then anything,all u nead is a open mind and a lot of patience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

evilivor wrote: »
    How can there be places "known to be haunted"? It's nonsense - you'd be better off "investigating" Santa.

Why don't you go along so? and see for yourself.

Typical boardsie again why do ye start this crap whenever something comes up that ye don't believe in..Just be nice and give advice.. and yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhh I have facebooked ye whoop cant wait. just love to call to these places anywho to have a looksee...Cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Just wondering did anyone join? And was it good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Plenty of ghost estates now !

Only joking, how did ye get on ?

I joined and saw loads of ghosts and afterwards a man sold me the Father Mathew statue on Pana for just €995, bargain! Collecting it tomorrow, after my Faeries Anonymous meeting!

I have joined just been to one event so far and the group are loverly.. Nothing happened but it was interesting to do something different and if you like the ghost and spooks it is a fun safe way to go to a few places..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Sounds interesting alright. Would be reasonably open minded, but trying to get hard evidence is a bit like trying to prove if God exists.

Advertisement