Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grip-moulding material....

• 20-12-2013 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

a friend of mine over on the VCRAI site posted this this evening - thought some of you here might be interested in its properties for modifying grip etc.

Quote - I came across this product on Utube amazing stuff im sure it could be in many application's ie Ideal for making individualised pistol grip for rifle stocks.Grips for knives, mouldings etc. check out the link,The polymorph plastic can be bought on ebay one Kilo is about £20 + Shipping

http://youtu.be/IhVuc6RNyaw

Let me know your thoughts

Hawkeye.

Thanks, Hawkeye.

tac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Dian Cecht

Interesting.

I've used Sugru for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Was going to say the same thing.Except sugru is one time use only,this stuff looks like it can be reused multiple times.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Was going to say the same thing.Except sugru is one time use only,this stuff looks like it can be reused multiple times.

Yup.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Dian Cecht

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

Yep. Defo a big bonus allowing reuse alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Chesapeake

Rat grips / Rat pads are my mouldable grips of choice, but...Me thinks a kg of ploymorph is in the offing, once textured for grips like the rat pads it should be worthy alternative...........cost & colour matching added nice bonus too.
    MMMMmmmm the bolt handle possibilities now! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement