Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windy out there !!

• 20-12-2013 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

To the brave soldiers that ply the roads in this sh!t weather I salute you. Im lucky to have a cage as back up as it's forecasting gusting over 80kph tomorrow.

Give those bloody trucks a wide berth if you have to go out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, have the car as back up too. I'm a fair weather biker since after the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Gave up my car license in '93, two wheels only for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

It's been okay for me in Dublin lately. Maybe I just get lucky and go out when it's calm. It's a bit cool but the heated grips make me feel warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

It's been okay for me in Dublin lately. Maybe I just get lucky and go out when it's calm. It's a bit cool but the heated grips make me feel warm.
    I invested in a set of heated grips myslef this year,sometimes i find they lull me into thinking riding conditions are better than they realy are but a great investment all the same,i also take off the side fairn this time of year that also helps in windy conditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

Just came off the m50 and it's bloody gusty re cross winds.....didn't see one biker thank god whom I'm sure have taken to the back roads for cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

The commute home for me starts in a few minutes, nothing like filtering in this weather :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

slow lane the whole way for me today, 40 km. be very careful or scab a 4-wheel lift home today. Expect it bad for Sat and Sun too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I take what I said back. Coming home was difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Sick of all this wind, rain, hail and whatever else the gods are throwing at us! Haven't been out on my bike in 3 weeks!!

I'm not a fair weather biker but I won't ride in gale force winds.

The first good day I get I'm going for a long long spin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I got supremely lucky today. Had no choice but to take the bike so threw on the overall, rained heavy but wind was eased.

Then 4 am this morning going home there was a dead calm around the place, then 5 minutes after getting in lightning, thunder, hail, the wrath of Titan. It all flew down. :D

• Advertisement

Braved the winds home last night at approx 21.00...few brown trouser moments trying to counter steer against the winds constantly attempting to blow me in an opposite direction :eek:

It's like someone with their hand on your shoulder constantly trying to push you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I had the exact opposite problem on Wednesday coming home from a comedy gig here in Switzerland. Could have used a little wind. On the motorway doing about 130 and out of nowhere a fog bank brings visibility down to about 5m. It continued like that all the way for the 90km back home. On top of that it was around -2 so with the moisture and the cold my hands were soon turned into ice claws. To top it all off I had the motorway pretty much to myself so not even a cage to follow to help guide me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I had the exact opposite problem on Wednesday coming home from a comedy gig here in Switzerland. Could have used a little wind. On the motorway doing about 130 and out of nowhere a fog bank brings visibility down to about 5m. It continued like that all the way for the 90km back home. On top of that it was around -2 so with the moisture and the cold my hands were soon turned into ice claws. To top it all off I had the motorway pretty much to myself so not even a cage to follow to help guide me.

BKtje wrote: »

Fog freezing on your bike jacket is cool. As long as your lining is in and neck warmer is on.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Fog freezing on your bike jacket is cool.
    Cool...it's fookn freezing :D

Advertisement