Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodies - Blackpool

Options
  • 20-12-2013 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

I went to Woodies in Blackpool twice in two days looking for a couple of bits. The store is badly laid out, and the aisles poorly labelled (IMO).

Both times, I've had to interrupt staff from their nice chat ask staff for help. Both times, I felt they were rude and unhelpful. The first time I asked for help, I was rudely told 'No. We don't have it.' No apology and very abrupt manner.

This afternoon was the best though. The assistant sighed loudly, marched me over to an empty bin at the front of the store, then proceeded to talk to her colleague about the reduced poinsettias at the front of the store, ignoring me completely.

I need something else from a DIY store tomorrow. Although Blackpool's close, it's almost worth the drive and aggro to go to the Kinsale Road store or B & Q, where at least the staff are pleasant and helpful!

Anyone else had the dubious 'pleasure' of shopping in the Blackpool store?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

I was in that exact store last Friday, asked a male member of staff for his assistance in finding what I was looking for and he hopped straight to it, brought me to the aisle, checked for the stock and apologised when they were out of stock. On the way down he actually stated he thought they were sold out but he checked regardless.
    So I can't complain about their customer service but the shop is awfully laid out though, and there were decorations everywhere, on the ground out of place but i guess that's just the Christmas rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah Woodies are fairly shocking for any kind of service. I haven't been to the blackpool one much but if I have too ill call into the one by Kinsale road and they are ****e in there. If you need help you have to go search for someone and then min they see you coming it is like a game of chase. In there one day and was queing at the information desk and there was the manager and another staff member completely ignoring me. Wrote a nice email of complaint to them and mentioned names.. The till staff then there is one nice girl there that's it the others are like robots they chat away to each other while serving you and well tis just rude so tis.. The prices are never right aswell..

Call to Dwyers instead a little more out of the way but the staff there are very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

If you're in the Blackpool area and you're looking for DIY type stuff, T&A Builders Providers have never steered me wrong. I don't recall them selling much garden type stuff apart from garden hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I found the woodies in Kinsale road to be completely useless. I wanted to buy a light fitting, they had it in Kinsale road but it was out of stock (they said they would order it for me). I said "grand, here's my number, please ring when it's in", no call. A second time, I asked them to order it, no bother they said, never heard from them again. Asked them in blackpool to order it, had it in a week (they didn't normally stock it which is why I was in kinsale road to begin with). So my experience of Blackpool has been a lot better than kinsale road.

Although no-one has ever been rude to me in either store so don't know anything about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I went to Woodies in Blackpool twice in two days looking for a couple of bits. The store is badly laid out, and the aisles poorly labelled (IMO).

Both times, I've had to interrupt staff from their nice chat ask staff for help. Both times, I felt they were rude and unhelpful. The first time I asked for help, I was rudely told 'No. We don't have it.' No apology and very abrupt manner.

This afternoon was the best though. The assistant sighed loudly, marched me over to an empty bin at the front of the store, then proceeded to talk to her colleague about the reduced poinsettias at the front of the store, ignoring me completely.

I need something else from a DIY store tomorrow. Although Blackpool's close, it's almost worth the drive and aggro to go to the Kinsale Road store or B & Q, where at least the staff are pleasant and helpful!

Anyone else had the dubious 'pleasure' of shopping in the Blackpool store?

I've gone there loads of times and always found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Cork Builders Providers, Togher. Cant go wrong, and you'll get good advice.
    A lot cheaper, but hours not as good as Woodies though.
    And a lovely Mexican snack van outside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

sok2005 wrote: »
    I was in that exact store last Friday, asked a male member of staff for his assistance in finding what I was looking for and he hopped straight to it, brought me to the aisle, checked for the stock and apologised when they were out of stock. On the way down he actually stated he thought they were sold out but he checked regardless.
    So I can't complain about their customer service but the shop is awfully laid out though, and there were decorations everywhere, on the ground out of place but i guess that's just the Christmas rush.
    evilivor wrote: »
    I've gone there loads of times and always found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

Perhaps it's my face then! :)

I can't say I've EVER had good service in the Blackpool store. Takes ages to find anything and like I said in my OP, I've often found the staff curt and abrupt to the point of rudeness.

OTOH - I've been to the Kinsale Rd store a few times and have found the ladies in there to be generally pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

I always find the staff in Blackpool very helpful, and I am in there a lot - the store is difficult to navigate around alright and sometimes you will find it hard to find a price on some stuff. Theres an older chap that works in there and he is always very helpful bring stuff out to the car park and helping some of the more Elderly customers.

I guess that place is lucky to still be open with all the problems it had earlier in the year. T&A is a more specialized DIY store and they are usually good, bit pricey for some things though. If your buying Electrical stuff you cant beat the Kellihers electrical trade counter at North point Business park a few minutes away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

OTOH - I've been to the Kinsale Rd store a few times and have found the ladies in there to be generally pleasant.[/QUOTE]

problems with the male's so, oh ya i see now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

No I think the males and female stafe in the Kinsale road are all shocking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

happy xmas to the staff in woodies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

evilivor wrote: »

+1
    Had a good chat with a manager there in the summer also and he was extremely helpful

The staff are as good as any other store of this type

Why don't you ring before calling I find its an easy way to make the most if my time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

I wouldn't "B"in a "Q" in woodies if I could help it. Can't recommend another store directly. !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I think it can be hit or miss to be honest. There are some great people in there who are great at there job and there are others who can't understand why you're interrupting their day. One particular guy who works in the garden section/lawnmowers couldn't do enough for you. Like most places I think, depends on who you meet on the day. The layout is atrocious however.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Was in the Kinsale road woodies today and both the guy working on the floor that I asked for help from and the lady at the till were very helpful and chatty as well! The Blackpool one has a terrible layout, I try and avoid it to be honest!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

scudo2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't "B"in a "Q" in woodies if I could help it. Can't recommend another store directly. !!

Why not? I shop in B&Q most of the time now, because the crap Woodies is trying to upsell simply makes it difficult to find anything, particularly Blackpool with the rows and rows of party garbage. In comparison, B&Q is better stocked, better organised, and better staffed; and the staff are more knowledgeable to boot.

Advertisement