Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspending thanks on posts.

Options
  • 20-12-2013 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just have a question. Would it be technically possible to make it so that when a post receives an infraction such as a red card the thanks feature for that one particular post is suspended ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Going to re-ask this in case it was missed. Is it possible to remove the thanks feature from posts when they receive a card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Also I think the thank feature should be removed from certain forums especially PI.

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Also I think the thank feature should be removed from certain forums especially PI.

Interesting point, but not really related to mine. I think some forums are like that anyway, dispute resolution and prison maybe ?. So I guess its just a matter of whether there is a need for it in a specific forum. You might want to start a feedback thread and see what the folks think about it.

Hi, I understand you guys are probably busy but its a yes/no question. Can ya spare a minute just to say yes or no ?

Look I'll even write the code for ya. If (infraction = true) {showThanks = false}. Is this possible if done by a slightly better programmer ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Hi, I understand you guys are probably busy but its a yes/no question. Can ya spare a minute just to say yes or no ?

Look I'll even write the code for ya. If (infraction = true) {showThanks = false}. Is this possible if done by a slightly better programmer ?

Sorry for the delay. Yes it's technically possible, I don't see it as being required though. We won't be lining it up for implementation at this time.

• Advertisement

Sorry for the delay. Yes it's technically possible, I don't see it as being required though. We won't be lining it up for implementation at this time.

There was just a thread in feedback a little while back about abusive posts being thanked and I mentioned removing the thanks from carded posts as an option to deal with it and it was recommended I check with you guys to see if it was possible. Just to know that if it was an issue that required dealing with whether or not this would be a viable option.

Thanks for the reply :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

There was just a thread in feedback a little while back about abusive posts being thanked and I mentioned removing the thanks from carded posts as an option to deal with it and it was recommended I check with you guys to see if it was possible. Just to know that if it was an issue that required dealing with whether or not this would be a viable option.

Thanks for the reply :)

No problem.

In that context yes it's most definitely technically possible and is a relatively small change, although there's no such thing really as a small change (nice article here if you're into it, written from a dev perspective) when it comes to this kind of thing.

If you manage to get a decent use case that might make spending the time on an implementation seem more viable from our perspective, by all means come back and let us know :)

No problem.

In that context yes it's most definitely technically possible and is a relatively small change, although there's no such thing really as a small change (nice article here if you're into it, written from a dev perspective) when it comes to this kind of thing.

If you manage to get a decent use case that might make spending the time on an implementation seem more viable from our perspective, by all means come back and let us know :)

Good article, feel bad for bringing it up now :D. I'll mention it in the feedback thread. Thank you very much for your help :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement