Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small - Medium sized music festivals in Europe worth checking out

Options
  • 20-12-2013 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭

Just look for recommendations on some of the smaller festivals in Europe worth checking out over the summer

Looking for indie / electro / alt type festivals so something kinda along the lines of Forbidden Fruit, Longitiude, B&S if you catch my drift, with somewhat reasonable ticket prices. Doesn't have to be a camping festival, actually I'd prefer a city setting, I'm getting too old for smelly fields!

One that I've been looking at is Melt Festival in Germany but that may be a little on the larger size. So any recommendations?

Cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Primavera, Barcelona, 100%.

Can spread the ticket payment over 3 months, €60 a month.

You do have to organise accommodation though, no campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭lc180

Birneybau wrote: »
    Primavera, Barcelona, 100%.

Waaaaay ahead of you! Got my earlybird ticket in September and pretty much have accomo sorted. havent been to Primavera before so very much looking forward to May.

Im looking for something smaller though (Primavera is 90,000 i think) preferably toward the end of the summer but open to every option. Possibly going backpacking for 2 weeks (July/Aug) so a fitting in a small/med festival on the cheap during our trip is the plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

Not a small festival but Sziget in Budapest would be a good option, day tickets are fairly cheap and it's a short tram ride to the centre of the city so you can have the best of both worlds. Really is a great festival and doesn't feel too big at all.

john.han wrote: »
    Not a small festival but Sziget in Budapest would be a good option, day tickets are fairly cheap and it's a short tram ride to the centre of the city so you can have the best of both worlds. Really is a great festival and doesn't feel too big at all.

Heard of it before but didnt know it was in Budapest. Its a great city, day ticket instead of a full wkend camping could be perfect, will def look up! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Balaton sound

or

My hometown
    http://www.parkpop.nl/nl/English_information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

La route Du rock in St Malo in France is a small festival worth checking out, its in a pretty spectacular location.
    http://www.laroutedurock.com/english/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Unknown.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

• Registered Users Posts: 4 doyoupogo

Unknown or Dimensions if you're into the more electronic side of things. Both cheap as chips to do too.

Cheers for the suggestions but I think Unknown and Dimensions might be a bit too electronic than I'm looking for. Looks like a lot of DJ's on their lineups. Wasnt aware Croatia was such a good spot for festivals!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

lc180 wrote: »
    Cheers for the suggestions but I think Unknown and Dimensions might be a bit too electronic than I'm looking for. Looks like a lot of DJ's on their lineups. Wasnt aware Croatia was such a good spot for festivals!

Melt has a good mix of acts in a crazy venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Dour

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jazzy cian

Reggae Geel in Belgium. Biggest reggae festival
    Outside America I believe. Used to live in this town where it's on. Well worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

RockNess in Inverness in Scotland is about the same capacity as EP, there is a bit more focus on electronic acts (Above and Beyond headlined last year) and it occurs on the second weekend in June, the weather around that time is a bit more pleasant and a handy trip across the sea. The best thing is where the main stage is situated.
    RocknessPA230211.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I always liked the look of Rockness but the line-up has started to get a little more Oxegen-y every year, the likes of Plan B, Example and A&B as headliners would put me right off.

Stunning setting though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 llcooljay95

Hey I have a ticket for Sziget this summer 2014 and am selling it if anyone wants it? Friends kinda cancelled after i had already bought it so not too interested in going alone :/ bought it for 200 but selling for anything upwards from 100 euro :P its a 7 day camping so a good deal if anyones interested??

Advertisement