Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Vinyl(house music) in Limerick

• 20-12-2013 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a vinyl record shop in limerick? i know there used to be empire, mynt and black spot..all closed now AFAIK:(

cheers.

Comments

There was a few lads operating a kind of DJ work shop in foxes bow around the corner from Darkside. They were selling vinyl. Not sure if they're still there or not. Very hard to pick up vinyl of any kind these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

There's a guy sell vinyl at the milk market every saturday and maybe there friday this week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

There was a few lads operating a kind of DJ work shop in foxes bow around the corner from Darkside. They were selling vinyl. Not sure if they're still there or not. Very hard to pick up vinyl of any kind these days

I used to love browsing in empire, they had a decent selection. Closed now unfortunately. I used to love going for pints in the davin too, but thats also gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

shawnee wrote: »
    There's a guy sell vinyl at the milk market every saturday and maybe there friday this week ;)

+1 Doc at the market is your man.

lufties wrote: »
    I used to love browsing in empire, they had a decent selection. Closed now unfortunately. I used to love going for pints in the davin too, but thats also gone :(

Limerick isint what it used to be anymore I'm afraid

• Advertisement

Limerick isint what it used to be anymore I'm afraid

Yea I'm talking 2000-2006, is there any decent club nights there anymore? back in the day all the top names would play in docs/trinity rooms. Can't stand the icon and dolans aint great, costellos maybe.

lufties wrote: »
    Yea I'm talking 2000-2006, is there any decent club nights there anymore? back in the day all the top names would play in docs/trinity rooms. Can't stand the icon and dolans aint great, costellos maybe.

I'm not too fond of any club in the city anymore. Crush87, formerly trinity rooms had one or two commercial top names in since it re-opened. Seems to be dead the majority of the time though. Icon is as busy as always and I haven't a clue about angel lane or the sinbin. I do like dolans though. Always have a good night there whether it's a rave or just a gig. Haven't set foot in costelloes in a long time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

just buy online

Hawkeye1 wrote: »
    just buy online

Yea true, I don't live in Luimneach but I visit the odd time, just wanted to know if there was any shops open for house/techno records. The 'scene' is obv not so popular these days, seen as all 3 shops are gone.

Advertisement