Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Cork (Marquee) & Dublin (Iveagh Gardens) Dates - July 2014

Options
  • 20-12-2013 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

JUST ANNOUNCED!

The National
    July 14th
    Cork, Live At The Marquee

July 16th
    Galway Arts Festival

July 18th & 19th
    Dublin, The Iveagh Gardens

TICKETS ON SALE TOMORROW MORNING AT 9AM

Following two incredible live shows in Ireland in 2013 The National return to the Marquee in Cork on July 14th and take over The Iveagh Gardens, Dublin for two nights on July 18th and 19th.

When The National performed to an ecstatic audience at the Marquee last June they walked off stage and immediately asked ‘Can we do this again next year?’ such was the electricity of the occasion. They followed that show with a sold-out 02 in Dublin in November proving indie-rock bands can step up to arenas and still have the hairs on the back of your neck stand to attention. The lyrical soul-searching intelligence you hear on The National’s records takes on an intense almost frenzied dimension when performed live. It’s impossible not to be moved by Matt Beringer’s raw animation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

MCD and Aiken goin ape**** with gig announcements hoping people will buy as Christmas presents
    Iveagh could be a good venue for them, instead of the the Point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Galway on the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sinead88

This is amazing. I was dying to see them again after Belfast. Didn't think they'd be playing over here again for a few years! This just so happens to fall when I'm home from Edinburgh for 2 weeks also. Perfect timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Delighted with the Dublin venue, delighted with the nights (fri/sat) but tickets on sale at 9am on a Saturday morning is a pain in the arse!

Iveagh Gardens is about 5,000 capacity right? Should sell out at least one for Dublin tomorrow I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Dublin gigs are clashing with Longitude if people are thinking of going to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭deisedude

CFC007 wrote: »
    Dublin gigs are clashing with Longitude if people are thinking of going to both.

Anyone announced for that yet?

Will try and get a ticket for the National in Galway or Cork before the Iveagh gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Great news about galway. Saw them in Cork duting the summer but had to sell my tickets to the gig in the Point due to financial reasons. Definately one of the biggest bands to play galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

deisedude wrote: »
    Anyone announced for that yet?

Latitude made its initial lineup announcement and there should be some crossover between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

suprised a gig for Galway Arts Festival is announced so early but delighted.
    Saw them at the O2 and they were great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

How does Iveagh Gardens compare to The Marquee? Saw them at The Marquee earlier this year.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sweet!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

siblers wrote: »
    How does Iveagh Gardens compare to The Marquee? Saw them at The Marquee earlier this year.

It will be outdoors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Can't believe they're coming to Galway, what will the capacity be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Got 3 for Cork. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mcw100

Got my tickets for Galway show! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Boom, done 12 pubs last night, and still got up in time to get tickets!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ailishoco

Venue wise what do ye think will be better - the Galway Arts Festival or Iveagh Gardens? Torn!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I'll be out of the country in July...balls anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

Got my 2 for Cork anyway. Whoop! They were amazing this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mcw100

ailishoco wrote: »
    Venue wise what do ye think will be better - the Galway Arts Festival or Iveagh Gardens? Torn!!!

Iveagh Gardens would be cool, but you can't beat Galway for atmosphere ! My vote is for Galway..

Got me a ticket for Cork! :D Not even sure I'll still be living anywhere near Cork in July but I've incentive not to drift too far now.
    I very briefly saw them at Electric Picnic in 2010; we missed the start of their set 'cause my (ex) bf had to run back to get his phone, and then I had to leave after two or three songs to go see Fever Ray (who came on later than advertised >_<) so I really didn't see a lot. I'm more familiar with them now though so will be able to appreciate them more anyway. :) Don't know anyone else as of yet who's going though so may end up there on my lonesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Got me a ticket for Cork! :D Not even sure I'll still be living anywhere near Cork in July but I've incentive not to drift too far now.
    I very briefly saw them at Electric Picnic in 2010; we missed the start of their set 'cause my (ex) bf had to run back to get his phone, and then I had to leave after two or three songs to go see Fever Ray (who came on later than advertised >_<) so I really didn't see a lot. I'm more familiar with them now though so will be able to appreciate them more anyway. :) Don't know anyone else as of yet who's going though so may end up there on my lonesome.

was that the night of the storm? bad times...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Got tickets for Galway on Saturday morning, too excited already. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

ailishoco wrote: »

Galway arts festival by some distance

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Galway arts festival by some distance

A tent?

No way, the sound in the Iveagh Gardens is surprisingly very good for an out door venue.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Iveagh Gardens is a lovely venue. Fantastic on a nice summers evening.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Owen Pallett (Final Fantasy) is the support.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rmckeown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Here's complete live set from their gig in Sydney this year

Advertisement