Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Cork (Marquee) & Dublin (Iveagh Gardens) Dates - July 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

Anyone know the stage times for the gigs in the Iveagh Gardens this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gideon Graves

Seems to be tickets available for the Friday and Saturday again on ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

ebowdia wrote: »
    Anyone know the stage times for the gigs in the Iveagh Gardens this weekend?

Doors are 6:30 so Phosphorescent/Owen Pallett at 7:15, then the National at 8:30 or so I guess.

Just a guess though, you'll find out for certain closer to Friday.

Thanks Easy Rod.......

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Really looking forward to seeing them in Iveagh Gardens Friday night...Saw them in O2 before Xmas and loved it. One of the lads still raves about the Olympia Gig a few years back...Just wondering what to expect for Iveagh Gardens as a gig venue? :)

• Advertisement

From Aiken Promotion's Facebook page:

STAGE TIMES FOR THE IVEAGH GARDENS THIS WEEKEND:
    The National:
    FRIDAY 18th July
    Gates 6.30pm
    Phosphorescent 7.30PM
    The National 8.45PM
    ///////////////////////////////////////
    SATURDAY 19th July
    Gates 6.30
    Owen Pallet 7.30PM
    The National 8.45PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Saturday tickets back on TM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Can anyone remember who supported the National at the O2 in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

We missed the support in Belfast, but I think it was This Is The Kit.

http://thisisthekit.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

PadraigOK wrote: »
    We missed the support in Belfast, but I think it was This Is The Kit.

http://thisisthekit.co.uk/

it certainly was....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Does anyone have last night's setlist? Doesnt seem to be up on setlist.fm. How was the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mcw100

Great live band as always, but can't put my finger on it didn't "cut loose" as much as other gigs I have been too (maybe saving themselves for Iveagh Gardens) Met all the band this morning in Galway very nice guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

mcw100 wrote: »
    Great live band as always, but can't put my finger on it didn't "cut loose" as much as other gigs I have been too (maybe saving themselves for Iveagh Gardens) Met all the band this morning in Galway very nice guys

How did you manage to meet them :P???

They were walking around town earlier today, passed by them but there was a group of people clamoring about them so I didn't stop to say hi.

Last night was great though the delay was annoying and went unexplained. They really gave it all they had and it's strange to hear them live as for a band so relaxed and quiet they really do let rip. Were they to play again tonight I would have no problem going back for more

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Are both Friday and Saturday sold out? Nothing available on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mcw100

sheroman01 wrote: »
    How did you manage to meet them :P???

Got lucky staying in the same hotel:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Happened to be in London last week, had nothing to do so went up to Hyde Park and got a cheap enough ticket outside the venue and managed to see both the National and Neil Young.
    Both were great.
    Sort of hung back from the National as I have a ticket for Saturday and didn't really want to spoil it for myself. Really looking forward to Saturday, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Caught them in the Big Top and really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Currently listening to the sound check in my office right beside Iveagh Gardens. They're playing Lit Up at the moment so hopefully that'll be on the setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Lit Up would be sweet indeed.

I also saw them in London at the weekend - so good in Hyde Park - great venue.
    Tonight will make the 20th National gig for me. I am so excited!

Does anyone know if the grass is covered or is it a welly job with the rain today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

just had a walk around the Iveagh Gardens at the Hatch Street entrance, sound check is on and the ground is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

just had a walk around the Iveagh Gardens at the Hatch Street entrance, sound check is on and the ground is fine

Great thanks. Previously was very miserable at Iveagh Gardens due to wet feet, so want to avoid similar again! Showers forecast all the same for the evening.

It's the National, so who cares if we're wet.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

was a great gig, band awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

was a great gig, band awesome

what time did they come on last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Just wondering after last night, should wellies be brought for today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

They came on at quarter to 9 last night. No need for wellies yesterday, but it was very hot for a while before the gig started so might change depending on rain. I'd say you'd be fine without them though. There's plastic on the ground close to the stage but not further back. Needless to say they were incredible last night. Loved hearing the Geese of Beverley Road and Lit Up. I have a ticket for tonight but I've already promised to sell it to someone. I'm regretting that right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Hi. Who is the support band?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

budgemook wrote: »
    Hi. Who is the support band?

Phosphorescent, I think. Cannot wait for tonight; have been hearing great things about all the gigs to-date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Owen Pallett is supporting tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,460 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They were so so ****ing good last night, nice setlist. Love the venue it's like seeing your favourite band in somones big back garden. I'm away to London today but would dearly love to have gone again tonight grrrrr.

Advertisement