Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a BA as such, but might help people: PS4

Options
  • 20-12-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Was just up in the [SNIP] store. They have about 4 PS4s marked as 'boxed' for 550 euro.

I absolutely know that this is not a bargain of any kind, but if you're really stuck it's better than the opportunists on adverts who are looking for anything from 600 - 700eu plus.

Also, I'd imagine you'd have some kind of guarantee / comeback if there was an issue.

I don't have any affiliations with the store. Personally, I think a PS4 would be a better buy next Christmas when there's a good selection of games available, the PS3 is still a great buy (but that's just my opinion).

Mods, if this is out of order obviously please delete. As I said, just thought it might help someone not be ripped off or at least be ripped off to a slightly lesser extent.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Probably bought them from retailers themselves and are selling them on, agree though, it's not as gouging as some chancers out there and there's an added protection. Though I wonder since they are a "used" item retailer how that would affect your chances under Sales of Goods Act?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Dunno - Caveat Emptor and all that. As I said, might be of use to someone...

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Oh it definitely will, I'm sure there are some parents out there wringing there hair out trying to get one of these!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭damoPL

Are they allowed to sell them at a price higher than the RRP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Also keep an eye on this thread . There seems to be limited stock popping up in Argos and Smyths.

As said I presume this shop have bought them from shops themselves to make money on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

damoPL wrote: »
    Are they allowed to sell them at a price higher than the RRP?

RRP stands for Recommended Retail Price. In other words, this is what Sony think they should sell for.

It has no legal standing whatsoever. You can sell them for a euro or even a million euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

RRP stands for Recommended Retail Price. In other words, this is what Sony think they should sell for.

It has no legal standing whatsoever. You can sell them for a euro or even a million euro.
    The only thing Sony would do i'd presume is not supply someone if they were seen to be doing this but they probably don't get direct supply from Sony anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I removed the store name from the OP, Im all for a thread where people are posting where to get PS4 even if they arent a "bargain" price but I dont think a shop who is trying to pull a stunt like this should get the publicity. Its €150 over RRP... disgraceful

Please feel free to post up where they can be bought though!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭chefwes

Guys a myths in Liffey valley have nap pack ps4 in stock but get over quick

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Managed to get 1 picked up in Longford today - there was 4 available for about 30 seconds. Was sitting on the stock checker during lunch break

• Advertisement
Advertisement