Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help tying elements of dessert together

Options
  • 20-12-2013 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I'm looking for a bit of help to pull together a dessert idea i'm planning for Christmas day.

Basically the plan is to have 4 elements on the plate,

1: A doughnut filled with clementine creme patissiere

2: Homemade plum pudding ice cream

3: A ginger tuile biscuit

4: A double shot sized cocktail (warm)

Its the cocktail element i'm trying to figure out, i want something a bit adventurous that will complement the other elements but i want to stay away from having something cream based.

Any cocktail experts have any ideas? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Whiskey would go well here, or else a good quality dark rum.

How about warming some apple juice, adding a dash of rum and some xmas flavours (cinnamon stick and a piece of crystallsied ginger maybe) with a squeeze of lime.

If you have nice cognac you could use that, but not sure if it'd go with the apple juice.

F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Dont have any good dark rum however good whisky ain't a problem (Not sure if I want to share my whisky collection with the inlaws :P)

Your onto something though, a hot toddy made with apple juice (or maybe even a good cider) and served with a cinnamon stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

I made a mulled cider with star anise and cinnamon in it a while ago and it was great......a splash of brandy helped enormously :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Done a bit of experimenting today and I think I've it sorted :-D

a whiskey jelly, a spiced honey jelly and a pot of chai tea replacing the water with cider

Gonna have 2 cubes of each jelly in the bottom of a glass, pour over the hot cider and stir with a cinnamon stick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I've been doing a mulled apple juice, using cinnamon, cloves and orange peel. Then adding a spoon of homemade ginger syrup and a shot of Calvados at the end. Very yum :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement