Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Availability in Wexford Town

Options
  • 20-12-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you could explain the reason why fibre is not available in my area? I live in the centre of Wexford Town and I can't get it. Wexford hosted the Eircom 150mb fibrepilot trial run and as far as I can see Eircom don't seem to be upgrading any other exchanges in the town.

Eircom made a big effort to upgrade some exchanges 2 years ago but I still can't get fibre.

According to the NGN Coverage map at the following link http://www.nextgenerationnetwork.ie/nga-coverage I am only 500 metres from my closest exchange. I live close to 2 exchanges.

My girlfriends parents live outside of Enniscorthy and according to the map they live 2 km away from their closest exchange and they got 50 mb fibre broadband last month.

I was just wondering how they can get fibre being so far away from the town centre while I couldn't possibly live any closer to the town centre and I can't get fibre?

Thanks Guys! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

woppers wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you could explain the reason why fibre is not available in my area? I live in the centre of Wexford Town and I can't get it. Wexford hosted the Eircom 150mb fibrepilot trial run and as far as I can see Eircom don't seem to be upgrading any other exchanges in the town.

Eircom made a big effort to upgrade some exchanges 2 years ago but I still can't get fibre.

According to the NGN Coverage map at the following link http://www.nextgenerationnetwork.ie/nga-coverage I am only 500 metres from my closest exchange. I live close to 2 exchanges.

My girlfriends parents live outside of Enniscorthy and according to the map they live 2 km away from their closest exchange and they got 50 mb fibre broadband last month.

I was just wondering how they can get fibre being so far away from the town centre while I couldn't possibly live any closer to the town centre and I can't get fibre?

Thanks Guys! :)
    HI woppers

I can confirm that efibre availability is based on cabints being upgraded rather than exchanges. A cabinet usually serves a street or housing estate and the range of availabilty for an efibre upgraded cabinet is roughly 1 to 1.5KM.

If you would like to PM me your address or landline number I'll look further in availability for you.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement