If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New av receiver quote

Options
  • 20-12-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Afternoon, 

I'm looking at purchasing a new av system at the start of next year, it's for a small box room I'm not sure if 5.1 is going to work or not, I was looking for quote for a avr with AirPlay and a couple of optical inputs, speaker wise I'm not sure but I have a budget of €800. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Nibs, thanks for the post.

The way that I would go with this would be with a Yamaha receiver which sounds brilliant and when combined with the Wharfedale DX pack makes a brilliant combination.

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah011422

This package deal would come in at 760 Euro including delivery.

You will probably need a few cables to go with this and the 40 Euro balance would allow for this but this would be the best combination that I could recommend.

We are shipping again on 30th for delivery on 31st as the couriers are off for quite a few days ! Lucky sods.

Keep us posted if we can be of any further help or if this is of interest.

Merry Christmas !

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Hi Dave,

That sounds great, I was actually reading up on that receiver and it all looks good, I give you a shout in the new year about ordering, thanks for your help and happy Christmas !

Hi dave,

Changed my mind again lol, I been looking around the internet and I found this, just wondering if you stock it, or will be at some point,

http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/stereo-receivers/r-n500_g/?mode=model

Thanks

Neil 

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Hi dave,

Changed my mind again lol, I been looking around the internet and I found this, just wondering if you stock it, or will be at some point,

http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/stereo-receivers/r-n500_g/?mode=model

Thanks

Neil 
    Neil,

No problem and thanks for the update - we can get the RN500 in to order for you but I think if you are looking for a dedicated AV receiver ( even is its only for 2.1 use you would still be far better off going for a proper AV receiver, rather than a stereo amp with a few digital inputs.

The RXV675 has now been significantly reduced in time for the sale to £379.95 - with the DX1 package it now sits right at your target budget £649.95 / €799.99

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah011586

- the RXV675 has everything the RN500 has and lots more! - it also offers proper HDMI switching ( which you will still need in your 2.1 setup ( but the RN500 has no HDMI in or outs)  it's also has 4K pass thru and 1080P upscaling - in terms of digital inputs it has 2 optical and 2 Co-ax digital inputs so it's well sorted for non HDMI legacy Audio inputs - its also more powerful than the 500 -and if you ever need the additional channels - they are ready for you ( it will even run a 2nd remote stereo zone if you need that)

Happy to order a RN500, but with the sale reduction on the RXV675 / DX1 pack, I'd opt for that every day!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi john,

Thanks for the reply and your advice, it's welcome, think I will go for your plan, I will message yourself or Dave in a week or two after Xmas regarding ordering,

Thanks again

Neil 

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Hi john,

Thanks for the reply and your advice, it's welcome, think I will go for your plan, I will message yourself or Dave in a week or two after Xmas regarding ordering,

Thanks again

Neil 
    Hey Neil.

No worries at all!.

Just drop us a line when your ready to pull the trigger :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.