Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do NOT use your AIB Bank Cards!!!

Options
  • 20-12-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Avoid using your AIB cards at the moment, AIB are having major issues.

People have tried to use their cards a few times but it kept saying the card was declined. However they then noticed the money was taken out of their accounts multiple times. They rang AIB and have been informed there is an issue at the moment and not to use your cards at the moment.

This is all over twitter etc. AIB have confirmed issues.

Please let your families know not to use their cards too.

PS - I am not sure if this is the right forum for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Does this affect their credit cards too? If so I've no cash for the weekend .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

logik wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Avoid using your AIB cards at the moment, AIB are having major issues.

People have tried to use their cards a few times but it kept saying the card was declined. However they then noticed the money was taken out of their accounts multiple times. They rang AIB and have been informed there is an issue at the moment and not to use your cards at the moment.

This is all over twitter etc. AIB have confirmed issues.

Please let your families know not to use their cards too.

PS - I am not sure if this is the right forum for this.

Any links?
    Where have AIB confirmed the issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Issue has just been announced on the Radio, Allied Irish Bank confirms issue. If you ring AIB you will get a notice on the phone saying "We are aware of an issue".

I am not making it up.

Collegue spoke with AIB, according to them it is now only affecting Visa Debit Cards so seems Credit Cards are ok, but I am going to hold fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

aib.png

• Advertisement

Issue has just been announced on the Radio, Allied Irish Bank confirms issue. If you ring AIB you will get a notice on the phone saying "We are aware of an issue".

I am not making it up.

I am not suggesting you are making it up but rumours can grow legs and unless I see a published source or hear it for myself on a public radio station I am naturally dubious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Im missing money from my credit card. I hope this is sorted soon or im very tight for the weekend

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yep happened me, took out 250 from Ulster Bank atm, money taken from account. Nothing dispensed. Went to another atm and can would not work.
    So I'm down now 250e 5 days before Christmas!

I am not making it up.

I just rang phone banking and there was no notice? Do you mean if you ring your branch?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

I tryed 3 machines,,, had to go to AIB bank itself.

DO NOT USE CARD.

The 3 attempts did withdraw money from my Account, but I didn't receive any cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

that's funny I've been having that exact problem with my BOI card, double charges appearing on my online banking etc, and It keeps being declined, in all instances where the BOI one was declined (despite being money in the acc) my AIB card worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Edit: Username123 beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

I bought alot of stuff today in town with my card had no problems :S and had no problem withdrawing money :s

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ring the phone number on the back of your card, you'll hear the notice

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Stressica wrote: »
    I bought alot of stuff today in town with my card had no problems :S and had no problem withdrawing money :s

I took out money at 8am and no probs, the problem seems to have just occurred, I ain't going to attempt using card until I know the problem is resolved. What a time for it to happen aswell!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Luckily managed to use my card about 15 minutes ago. Aib visa debit and aib machine

I just rang phone banking and there was no notice? Do you mean if you ring your branch?

The branch IVR states there is an issue before passing you through to an agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Maybe this is the start of the bail in.

• Advertisement

Rose35 wrote: »
    What a time for it to happen aswell!!!!

I know, possibly the biggest spending weekend of the year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

Rose35 wrote: »
    I took out money at 8am and no probs, the problem seems to have just occurred, I ain't going to attempt using card until I know the problem is resolved. What a time for it to happen aswell!!!!

ugh and i had stuff to order this eve too, hope they fix it quick, glad ive got most of my stuff done :o

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Tried to withdraw €300 in 3 different atm's. Message that unable to process at present - €900 now taken from account balance, worked ok to pay for fuel in service station. Hope it's sorted soon as need to pay for Xmas presents etc tomorrow !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Is this just affecting atm's or is it affecting all card sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

AIB Twitter

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

FFS! This is getting to be a weekly occurrence with our banks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

that's funny I've been having that exact problem with my BOI card, double charges appearing on my online banking etc, and It keeps being declined, in all instances where the BOI one was declined (despite being money in the acc) my AIB card worked!
    This happened to me yesterday with my BOI debit card. The card came back with an error after making the payment. They were going to ask me to pay again when the receipt showed the transaction had gone through. It was odd but I could have ended up paying twice over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I alsp would like to know: is this just on ATMs or does it affect shop card readers?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

Ask AIB ‏@AskAIB

AIB is currently experiencing issues with our debit cds, AIB debit cardholders are unable currently to withdraw cash at other banks ATMs 1/3

Customers can use their AIB debit cards to withdraw cash at AIB ATMs, at all point of sale terminals and on online shopping channels 2/3

We are investigating this issue and will take all necessary steps to resolve asap, apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue 3/3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Any update on this?
    Not all shops will give cash back

Advertisement