Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do NOT use your AIB Bank Cards!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Nothing yet, I am keeping an eye on Twitter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

seemingly the problem has now been fixed on twitter from aib

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CiaranP

if you've used your AIB card to withdraw money, check your account online and look at 'pending transactions'
    I had tried six ATM machines earlier, got no money out, but the transactions are showing as if I did.
    Customer service very good - said the problem is fixed now, and the money will be refunded at some stage!

updated: pending transactions back to what they should be :) but BOI ATM still not giving money

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Tried to withdraw €300 in 3 different atm's. Message that unable to process at present - €900 now taken from account balance, worked ok to pay for fuel in service station. Hope it's sorted soon as need to pay for Xmas presents etc tomorrow !!!

€900 not now showing in pending transactions ,so all fixed now hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

According to Ask AIB on FB
    "AIB wishes to confirm that the technical issue experienced on our 3rd party provider systems in relation to AIB debit cards has now been resolved. All AIB debit cardholders are now able to transact as usual using their AIB debit card. AIB wishes to apologise to customers for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Any customer accounts impacted by this issue will be restored shortly and we would like to assure customers that they will not be out of pocket as a result of this issue."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Couldn't really complain. These things unfortunately happen and it's sorted relatively quickly. The pending transactions should hopefully be reversed for all today.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

murphyaii wrote: »
    seemingly the problem has now been fixed on twitter from aib
    Thank you for calling it as it is, a "problem".

It's not an issue or a glitch. Neither were similar recent failures in Ulster Bank and BoI.

If customers can't use ATMs or ebanking it's a PROBLEM, a serious one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭skinny90

I had a problem went to withdraw 120 quid twice and failed yet I was out of pocket by 240.the floor staff in shop street Galway where excellent and dealt with everyone including myself and assured me after I filled in the form my monies would be reversed and in my account which it is.its a glitch which can happen in any financial institute,in my opinion it's how the bank reacted that gets my thumbs up,they dealt with my issue effectively and appologiesed on more than one occasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Fair play to AIB here. Seemed to sort it out very quickly and my account is back to normal. As some one else said problems can happen to any bank how they deal with it is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Anyone having problems today? Getting service unavailable when using ATM but money went from account, calling card services but 10 min in the queue now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭queensinead

The issue seems to be far from "resolved". AIB card refused at ATM this morning 11 am.

How about people who did not hear the message not to use cards.? I tried several times with mine. Have no idea if the money was actually debited from my account. But I have no cash at the moment...

This is a serious fukk up for busy people trying to pay bills and do last minute shopping. Some people are without money for the weekend

Is RTE reporting this? Could AIB by any chance make a media announcement telling customers what to do next ?

No,thought not....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Credit cards are working. Dedit cards are not according to their twitter. Let's hope its won't take weeks to resolve like ulster bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Went to withdraw money from a BOI ATM in a petrol station but ATM said "Service Currently Unavailable". Checked my online banking and they €60 was debited from my account :mad:
    On hold to Customer Service now for the past 10 mins. I know they will refund the money but I'd like to know when even. There was a recorded message to say that non-AIB ATM's aren't working but AIB ATM's are, if I had known that before hand :(

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

Stephen P wrote: »
    Went to withdraw money from a BOI ATM in a petrol station but ATM said "Service Currently Unavailable". Checked my online banking and they €60 was debited from my account :mad:
    On hold to Customer Service now for the past 10 mins. I know they will refund the money but I'd like to know when even. There was a recorded message to say that non-AIB ATM's aren't working but AIB ATM's are, if I had known that before hand :(

I didn't know about all this, tried to take out €300 from BOI in Stephens green sc, got the same message and now I'm down €300 blip.. Was on hold for 40mins and hung up going mad listening that horrible hold music. Has anybody else had this issue been able to get through and get any info about money getting refunded etc??? €300 right before Xmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Small online digital purchases.. tried to buy two 'Humble Bundles' online, just now, via PayPal, first transaction fine, second declined and charged twice.

You cannot get through to any 'humans' at their various contact numbers, seems to be in meltdown. The service is anything but normal, still..

I can't think of what it must be like to be stuck with large sums being double taken, head wreckers..

Hingo wrote: »
    I didn't know about all this, tried to take out €300 from BOI in Stephens green sc, got the same message and now I'm down €300 blip.. Was on hold for 40mins and hung up going mad listening that horrible hold music. Has anybody else had this issue been able to get through and get any info about money getting refunded etc??? €300 right before Xmas!!

We were on hold for 10 min when I posted earlier, they said money would be refunded on Monday, when we said we needed the money ASAP as very little left they said they have a list of people that were doing the refund today, money was back in the account within an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Really strange timing of these issues. AIB just fired
    their Chief Operating Officer Anne Boden who was tasked with the rollout of the self service banking and bringing the bank into the digital age. From my perspective she was doing a fine job in the role she was given and had recently extended her contract to 2017. It just all seems there may be more to it than meets the eye.

IT, card services and Clearing in the bank are being outsourced so expect many issues to crop up in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Problem is NOT resolved. My Dad was able to pay for items with his debit card this morning but unable to withdraw money from ATMs. He tried twice and is probably down about €800 today.

Thankfully I'm home for Christmas and knew he was having a problem with his card and came to boards.ie to check if there was an issue. Otherwise my poor old Dad would probably still be trying to withdraw money...

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Problem is NOT resolved. My Dad was able to pay for items with his debit card this morning but unable to withdraw money from ATMs. He tried twice and is probably down about €800 today.

Thankfully I'm home for Christmas and knew he was having a problem with his card and came to boards.ie to check if there was an issue. Otherwise my poor old Dad would probably still be trying to withdraw money...

He should be able to withdraw money from an AIB atm, I was earlier, get him to try lower amount 1st just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Deaf student

Had problems with my debit card at AIB ATM yesterday so i switched to BOI this morning.

It worked this time around.

Is there a contact e-mail address re debit card cos i can't hear the phone? So that i could contact them re debit card problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

tried to withdraw cash from a non AIB machine at about 12.15 today and It wouldn't let me. had to use my CC.

Hope it hasnt debited my account.
    Wasnt much, but still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It wasn't resolved at lunch time either. We hadn't heard anything about it and my husband tried to deduct money from 2 different atm's, the money was debited twice but not dispensed. Likewise the money for our Tesco online shopping wasn't listed as pending so it'll be interesting to see if our shopping arrives later.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

took 20e out of a PTSB atm earlier, came out of account but no money.

Have they announced if they will be automatically refunding customers?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Seems like the issue is with NON-AIB atms.

AIB's twitter feed confirms that: https://twitter.com/AskAIB

here: https://twitter.com/AskAIB/status/414396541680775168

and here: https://twitter.com/AskAIB/status/414396582407454720

This is a "dem complimicated 'pooters" problem rather than anything else...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

Same thing with Paypal - bought two things just there - first one went through fine, second one was "declined by your card provider", but the money was taken out of my account. So I'd hold tough on the online shopping as well a while for safety sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Odd that you had the same as myself, first transaction going through fine, see my post above..

Not *just* ATMs Devore, AIBs social output on this leaves a lot to be desired..

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

nava wrote: »
    We were on hold for 10 min when I posted earlier, they said money would be refunded on Monday, when we said we needed the money ASAP as very little left they said they have a list of people that were doing the refund today, money was back in the account within an hour.

Ah that's not too bad, was worried I wouldn't see it until January or that. Thanks for the info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Kayly

AIB are saying this is resolved but there are still problems today. Hubby couldnt use visa debit card today at ATM and rang them- was coolly told that yes, there are still problems, and yes, AIB have told media its been resolved. Money may go from account but will be re-embursed if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Just tried topping up my phone credit with my debit card. Payment declined but checked my account & the amount has been taken from my balance. Will this be automatically refunded to my account or will I have to actually call AIB to get it back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Mine worked OK twice today. So maybe it is resolved

Advertisement