Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do NOT use your AIB Bank Cards!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Massive queue at the ATM today.. so went to a pharmacy to get Uniflu and they offered me cashback. No problem whatsoever!

My sister and her fiance are in London for weekend and are both AIB customers.. no sterling with them either! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Basq wrote: »
    Massive queue at the ATM today.. so went to a pharmacy to get Uniflu and they offered me cashback. No problem whatsoever!

My sister and her fiance are in London for weekend and are both AIB customers.. no sterling with them either! :(
    Assuming one has a credit card I'd get cash advances and insist that AIB cover the interest. It's their fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Going to tesco after work tonight. Will card work ok there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Going to tesco after work tonight. Will card work ok there

yes it should, I used it in Tesco and Lidl today while problem was ongoing.

EDIT: Get cashback unless you have access to AIB ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

nava wrote: »

Thanks. Only BOI in area so will do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Aib
    Tesco Mobile
    Ulster Bank

Good ould Ireland

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ebbsy wrote: »
    Aib
    Tesco Mobile
    Ulster Bank

Good ould Ireland

Is this not the first semi major outage with AIB taking into account yesterday? And it can't really be compared to Ulster Bank which had a longer and completely bigger outage.

What happened with Tesco?

Sully wrote: »
    Is this not the first semi major outage with AIB taking into account yesterday? And it can't really be compared to Ulster Bank which had a longer and completely bigger outage.

What happened with Tesco?

They have had about 3 disruptions to service this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

The Ask AIB Twitter accound tweeted a while ago that there is still an issue and they are working on it. AIB Debit cards are working in AIB ATMs, online, and at POS terminals. They are not working in non AIB ATMs. Credit cards aren't affected

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ebbsy wrote: »
    They have had about 3 disruptions to service this year.

Tesco or AIB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

AIB cards are NOT working at AIB ATMs for everyone please stop repeating that, tried to withdraw my rent there from an AIB ATM on the side of the bank in Eyre Square in Galway and nearly had a heart attack when it went blank for a full minute with just a happy Christmas message onscreen, as I was walking away down the street cursing them I heard the machine beep, ran back to it and a receipt slip printed saying transaction cancelled due to error, then finally after printing a few blank receipt slips it gave my card back, this was after holding onto it for 5 minutes and me nearly walking away twice.

Checked phone banking there and saw my €350 rent taken from the account and then debited back a minute later so I'm not out of pocket but I don't have any rent for the landlord, he's AIB aswell though so he agreed to wait until Monday morning thankfully.

Sully wrote: »
    Tesco or AIB?

Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Passin thru

nava wrote: »

I had a problem in lidl today,card was declined but money taken from account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Headed to a nearby department store at 9.30 am to beats the queues, but there was major hassle with people paying by card. Staff in heatons/sportworld were doing the best they could.

The customers were getting very frustrated and it wasn't the cashiers' fault.

I had cash - I withdraw my wages once a week to avoid paying the bank charges for multiple transactions/debit transaction etc.

Hopefully ye will all be sorted soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Has anyone noticed transactions not going through at all?

I spent €200 in Gamestop yesterday, the money is still in my account though. Obviously, I won't take it out but I don't remember it ever taking this long to come out of my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I spent €200 in Gamestop yesterday, the money is still in my account though. Obviously, I won't take it out but I don't remember it ever taking this long to come out of my account.

Yep,i used my AIB visa debit today in tesco and the transaction hasn't shown up,not even in the pending transactions,like you im just not going to touch that amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 greenfluff

logik wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Avoid using your AIB cards at the moment, AIB are having major issues.

People have tried to use their cards a few times but it kept saying the card was declined. However they then noticed the money was taken out of their accounts multiple times. They rang AIB and have been informed there is an issue at the moment and not to use your cards at the moment.

This is all over twitter etc. AIB have confirmed issues.

Please let your families know not to use their cards too.

PS - I am not sure if this is the right forum for this.

I think you're pretty sure it's the right forum for what you want to do, which is get a name for yourself trying to hype a specific issue well beyond what it is.

AIB have had an issues with cash dispensers not working for AIB cardholders in dispensers not operated by AIB. No other issues have been confirmed. RTE i
    source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

I tried to withdraw 80 Euro from a non AIB atm, it was rejected...no money given, i tried a second time right away.....got the money.

But after seeing this thread i checked my account and *two* 80 euro withdrawls are showing up!

I onlt got one, i rang AIB and they said the system will know if cash was dispenced or not and the false 80 Euro withdrawl will be cancelled/wiped.

Gonna keep a close eye on my account.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

greenfluff wrote: »
    I think you're pretty sure it's the right forum for what you want to do, which is get a name for yourself trying to hype a specific issue well beyond what it is.

AIB have had an issues with cash dispensers not working for AIB cardholders in dispensers not operated by AIB. No other issues have been confirmed. RTE i
    source.

I thank god for the OP posting!.....iknew nothing about this but i too was caught by the glitch, to the tune or 80 Euro. AIB says it'll all be sorted....but at least this thread makes you aware and to check your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

greenfluff wrote: »

source.
    You joined Boards to post that and you're 100% wrong...:rolleyes:

Random people are having issues with AIB cards at AIB ATMs, see my post on the previous page or do a search on Twitter...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

has there been any word on whats caused the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

has there been any word on whats caused the issue?
    This is not an "issue". It's a serious problem, leaving customers without access to cash at the busiest retail point of the year.

This is a fvckup by AIB and needs answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Lissavane wrote: »
    This is not an "issue". It's a serious problem, leaving customers without access to cash at the busiest retail point of the year.

This is a fvckup by AIB and needs answers.

? it is an issue... my question was valid and your post is stupid....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭skinny90

I got sorted Friday evening...rang this number and explained my issue just said I was one of the customers affected and he transferred me to the right place
    The lady just got her manager to manually out in the funds after asking me all security questions
    The whole process does take about 15-20 mins mainly because of the fact she was getting her supervisor to view my account and varify the outgoing funds
    Piece of advise note every transaction that failed.where it occurred and how much you attempted to withdraw on all occasions
    Hope this helps
    +353 (1) 660 0311

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CiaranP

skinny90 wrote: »
    I got sorted Friday evening...rang this number and explained my issue just said I was one of the customers affected and he transferred me to the right place
    The lady just got her manager to manually out in the funds after asking me all security questions
    The whole process does take about 15-20 mins mainly because of the fact she was getting her supervisor to view my account and varify the outgoing funds
    Piece of advise note every transaction that failed.where it occurred and how much you attempted to withdraw on all occasions
    Hope this helps
    +353 (1) 660 0311

I got sorted too on Friday afternoon, the same way as yourself, but at the phone number on the back of my card (01 2695022). I got through really quickly and was finished in 5 minutes.
    On my online banking, it looked like I had withdrawn money from ATMs, and this showed up in Pending transactions, but it was sorted an hour later.
    Today, I could still not withdraw money from non-AIB ATMs, but no problem from AIB ATMs at AIB banks.
    I'm going to stick to using the Debit card and getting Cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭skinny90

CiaranP wrote: »
    I got sorted too on Friday afternoon, the same way as yourself, but at the phone number on the back of my card (01 2695022). I got through really quickly and was finished in 5 minutes.
    On my online banking, it looked like I had withdrawn money from ATMs, and this showed up in Pending transactions, but it was sorted an hour later.
    Today, I could still not withdraw money from non-AIB ATMs, but no problem from AIB ATMs at AIB banks.
    I'm going to stick to using the Debit card and getting Cashback.

Plus that same I would have been screwed if I didn't get it back for now I'm in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

AIB says their problems were caused by "a third party service provider". I'll translate that for yor you "Because of the bailout and the cost of IT, we at AIB have offered redundancy to our Irish staff and have outsourced our IT to HCL India. That's who we mean when we talk about a third party service provider. We took a chance on going the cheap route for our IT and this is when mistakes are made. However management are happy that HCL will be the ones fined for this, and to hell with the annoyance of the customer"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah I was just going to ask how you bring the errors to their attention, jes I hope no one got badly caught..Just rang that number thanks Ciaran P after the waffle spoke to a nice girl. They cant really do much but say they are dealing with it, and that they know what should have been charged and what should not have been so they will automatically refund it when they get it sorted. Jes it is crap but I hope people don't get too annoyed with the people answering the phones as they cant do much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Starting to think that the problem is with TSYS who are responsible for the ATM services run by all the banks

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Starting to think that the problem is with TSYS who are responsible for the ATM services run by all the banks

Couldn't be. They are not Indian. :pac:

I have been using my card in Point of Sale locations over the past few days and once at an ATM (no idea what bank, it was in a Centra). Thankfully, I have had no problems and my bank account has been double checked to ensure I haven't been double charged. I appear to be a lucky one.

As frustrating and annoying that this situation is, its the first time to happen and it hit on a weekend. Its not even a major outage. AIB Customers should count themselves lucky seeing as Ulster Bank customers have had a far far worse time over a much longer period.

Welcome to the world, not everything runs smoothly 24/7. Regardless of the location.

Advertisement