Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One for €499.99. Delivered for Christmas from Xtra-vision

Options
  • 20-12-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

The Xbox One is available again at Xtra-vision online.
    They're guaranteeing if we order today, that we'll get it for Christmas.

Been trying to get one everywhere for my lad; at one point nearly paid an extra €100 to get it shipped from UK.

Gamestop let me down when they messed up my order on store.

I ordered earlier, it's already been shipped. I'm expecting it to arrive tomorrow.

I know how difficult it is to get, so figured that others may want a headsup. :pac:

And as its Xtravision, I checked to see if I had to buy anything else in the same transaction - it's the console only.

Buy it here -
    http://www.xtra-vision.ie/playstation-xbox/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-layout-updates.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Probably a tonne left after the last debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I may be wrong but Smyths seemed to have them in Liffey Valley last night.

I base this entirely on the fact that they had signs up adverstising whatever bundle (1 game?) for €605 if I remember rightly.

I saw no sign of PS4's though so perhaps theres been a last minute shipment of xboxes into the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 makinamove

machalla wrote: »
    I may be wrong but Smyths seemed to have them in Liffey Valley last night.

I base this entirely on the fact that they had signs up adverstising whatever bundle (1 game?) for €605 if I remember rightly.

I saw no sign of PS4's though so perhaps theres been a last minute shipment of xboxes into the country?

I tried Smyths but they said they were completely out of just the console. May have changed in last few hours but Xtravision were saying on their facebook that they were the only game in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

gamestop cork had these last night ..

they also were getting ps4 today..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I wouldnt buy one off xtravision after the way they treated their customers during the release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

Argos has stock of the Fifa bundle for 529.99.

Checkargos.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Delighted, hope they get left with a warehouse full of them after trying to be so greedy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

madalig12 wrote: »
    I wouldnt buy one off xtravision after the way they treated their customers during the release.

I wouldn't trust them for a second personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Currys blanchardstown had them in stock yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Loads of them in Smyths in cork also

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Doesn't seem to be much in stock anywhere in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

two in tullamore argos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

+1....vote with your wallet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Could be a few people on Adverts left with something they didn't want.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

superg wrote: »
    What happened?

they refused to give people their pre-ordered Xbox One unless they bought an extra game, and threatened to do the same for the PS4 til the NCA got involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

Would you not need a game anyway? Nephew looking for one of these, but could not get one so Santa is bringing him somethin else. Just wondering if there are demo games built in? Totally lost touch with this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 19,375 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Any stores doing a trade in for the 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

matchthis wrote: »
    Would you not need a game anyway? Nephew looking for one of these, but could not get one so Santa is bringing him somethin else. Just wondering if there are demo games built in? Totally lost touch with this stuff

Most people bought games elsewhere for better prices. The issue was that people had already fully paid for their preordered consoles and were refused the sale on the day unless they bought something else. Quality customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Would you not need a game anyway?

The PS4 has other, non-gaming, features. Generally, I'd say most people would buy a game to play with the system. Customers may have ordered the game they wanted form a competing establishment. Others may have wanted to buy all their games digitally (via the store accessible on the console itself).

Regardless Xtra-vision showed complete disregard for their customers by insisting they purchase additional items, outside of what was originally agreed to by both parties. This, at a time when nobody knew if the console they wanted would be in stock anywhere else this side of Xmas. Even people who had preordered a 'console & game' bundle were being asked to fork out for an additional game.

The National Consumer Agency was compelled to step in before Xtra-vision ceased this deplorable behavior. Even then, their effort to appease dissatisfied customers left a lot to be desired:
    “Customers who have already collected their XBoxOne console and purchased an additional game can return the unopened game to the Xtra-vision branch where the purchase was made between November 22nd and November 26th, and the cost of the game will be refunded on presentation of proof of purchase,”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Wossack

even if you'd preordered with all the release day games, they would have made you buy something else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

PC world in carrickmines had a few left by close of business today

Advertisement