Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Chemistry

• 20-12-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Finding it tough to crack at the moment , ive found that working from exam papers isnt always the best way to prepare in chemistry, any advice on how to improve at it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭accountname

Chemistry can be my favourite subject some days and my biggest worry the next, it's crazy!

While I feel it is important to be familiar as you can be with the exam paper and marking scheme, it's just as important to know the basics.

What I generally do when revising something is go through the chapter and make notes that I can understand on every possible thing that has or could possibly be an exam question. Then I go through the papers and do out the questions. The thing with chemistry is, understanding it isn't everything as often the marking scheme can be very specific so you really need to be familiar with the layout of it all. :D

That said though, the element of predictability is gone as there was a new examiner last year and the question style even in last year seems to be changing up a bit :/

That's what works for me anyways! Regardless, keep it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dazzy123

I find that exam papers are the best way to study for chemistry! That's just for me though it's different for everyone I suppose. I'd recommend using the book to make sure you understand everything and then moving on to the exam papers without using your notes to test what you know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

Use the exam papers to find the holes in your knowledge, then study that topic from your book - that's how I do it.

Advertisement