Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a third party vs. doing it alone. What are your experiences?

Options
  • 20-12-2013 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I'm planning on going for the IEC 2014 and while the process makes it seems really simple I'm terrified I'll miss something. Is it worth it to go with Usit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Its straightforward, do it yourself, and just double check everything you fill in.

Reports here of Usit are not that great. so save yourself the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭LilyCullen

My brother just went over there in May.

He's dyslexic and an absolute disaster at forms and he was able to get through it fine (his girlfriend may have helped :pac: )

I am gonna go this way too, although it is tempting with USIT advertising now and looking like they're offering all this free mentoring and advice add ons.

I did a year long J1 to the US with USIT, trust me, once they take your money they don't really give a crap about you after.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Don't waste your money with USIT. The paper work is fairly easy and any help you need ya can always ask here.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

It's really easy I did it all myself! No need for USIT or any of those guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭smokeyjoe123

Forget about USIT, you have to fill out the forms and they "check" them. I remember I travelled to their Dublin office, they took a look at my forms and said "That's grand". Money down the drain. Save your money, you'll need it in Canada.

Advertisement