Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Canada with pets.

Options
  • 20-12-2013 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi I'm planning on moving to Toronto towards the end of 2014 (if I'm lucky enough to get the visa) and as I'll be there for 2 years I want to move my four pet cats over with me. Well actually its my two pet cats and my girlfriend whos also coming will br bringing her two pet cats.
    But has anyone any experience with bringing pets over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

We moved from Cork to Vancouver in May 2012 and got our collie sent over to us about 2 weeks later. I can give you the name of the company in Dublin we used and any other info you want. The lads with the company were really helpful and were in contact with me every step of the way. I rang them a million times before and during her travels and never felt like I was being a bother.

We sent her in a Gulliver Travel size 7 box which is fairly big and it cost us €800 for her travel. She also needed her Irish passport and for that she had to get a rabies injection and a blood test and all in I think that was about €100 and her vet did all that for us. The day before she travelled she went to the vet again to get a worm dose and a final check so she could have her passport stamped indicating she was fit for travel.

I know you have cats but I know the company tranport them also and I think the process is more or less the same.

PM me if you want any more info smile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

That's so cool bringing your pets! I have 2 cats in Ireland that I hope to move over. We only live in a 1 bed apartment at the moment & I only work part time! So when I get a better job those cats are moving! :)

Advertisement