Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Cardiff City 12.45 BT Sport 1

• 20-12-2013 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

So then LFC coming off the back of a sacking performance for Andre Villa-Boas host a side in true crisis as I type, indeed there is every chance that come KO the Bluebirds will be in the hands of a stand in manager with Vincent Tan arriving in London this evening for a showdown (tune in early or watch Football Focus at 12.00 for the fun and games). Reading the message boards it looks like the Anfield faithful will be putting on a show of support for Malky Mackay which I trust will not be continued by the starting 11! After two good wins in December it would be nice to keep her lit and carry the momentum on to Boxing/St Stephenseseses day and Man City.

No new injuries have been reported so it should be the same starting 11 and 7 on the bench.

Mignolet; Johnson, Sakho, Skrtel, Flanagan; Lucas; Coutinho, Henderson, Allen, Sterling; Suarez.

Cardiff could well have Craig Bellamy back in the squad if not the starting team.

Marshall; Theophile-Catherine, Caulker, Turner, Taylor; Whittingham, Medel, Mutch; Cowie, Campbell, Kim.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

After thumping Spurs, we'll surely see the same team. Really hope that Suarez doesn't end up with post-contract signing blues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liverpool 6-0 Cardiff.

Suarez with hattrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Liverpool 6-0 Cardiff.

Suarez with hattrick.

2 early goals and I don't see why not.

Liverpool 6-0 Cardiff.

Suarez with hattrick.

2 early goals and I don't see why not.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

stop stop stop with all the predictions of dishing out a thumping.

recent history tells us that this is the type of game we lose after such a great win.

If we have any aspirations of top4 then we need overturn that trend and nothing has shown me we have shaken off the habit yet.

• Advertisement

Liverpool are going to win.

Stop being scared.

Liverpool are going to win.

Stop being scared.

Not scared just once bitten and all that

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Not scared just once bitten and all that

I aint trying put hoax on ye. I would if I could;). I dont believe in that bluff anyway.

If Liverpool get few early its going to be ugly for Welsh boys.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    stop stop stop with all the predictions of dishing out a thumping.

recent history tells us that this is the type of game we lose after such a great win.

If we have any aspirations of top4 then we need overturn that trend and nothing has shown me we have shaken off the habit yet.

Honestly can't see anything going wrong. In the bag. Easy 3 points. No question about it.

I normally would be on the cautious side and tip-toe around predicting any result, especially after the Hull game. Just thought I'd go the complete opposite direction for no good reason this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I reckon Suarez will score 17 hat tricks tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Liverpool to go 2 nil up.

Cardiff pull one back, deflating the crowd and setting everything on edge.

Liverpool to discover what a dangerous scoreline 2-1 is, by conceding a 2nd in the last 5 minutes and ending up with a draw that keeps them away from the table's summit for Christmas.

Liverpool fans on boards.ie to melt down slightly, and go from seeing the bigger picture ("we are looking good for top 4!"), to nit picking about substitutions or individual errors which point to a player or players being "utterly useless" and "not good enough for a top 4 challenging team", etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

spockety wrote: »
    Liverpool to discover what a dangerous scoreline 2-1 is

I think (hope) that that lesson was learned during the West Ham game.

I assume you meant 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Our home record is excellent lately and cardiffs away record is poor so heres hoping for a win. Will miss it though as ill be stuck in work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

potential banana skin but hopefully the same team from the last match starts and they put a marker down. Hopefully Bellemy doesn't come and score..

WE WANT TO BE TOP OF THE TABLE AFTER THIS MATCH!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd love him to score if its 4-0 with 10 to go! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Negative point: No Stewy D around to drag us over the line against Cardiff this time.

Positive point: If we get a penalty Charlie Adams will be nowhere near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

I can see Cardiff frustrating Liverpool and it being a 1-1 or 0-0 game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Luap wrote: »
    I can see Cardiff frustrating Liverpool and it being a 1-1 or 0-0 game.

I don't think there is any frustrating Suarez atm, home form is great, I'd say 2-0.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Positive point: If we get a penalty Charlie Adams will be nowhere near it.

A bit like his penalty so.

I wouldn't write off a team that has beat City.

Cautious.

• Advertisement

Liverpool can go top after this weekend.....

or 5th...

perspective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

8-0

8-0

0-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Nervous about this match, a team playing and their manager trying to prove a point to the owner, we always tend to slide into poor form after big wins, hopefully today is not the case, need this win to push on for the next two BIG games

18-1 Cardiff :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If we press hard like we did on Sunday last, then we should win by two or three.

I'd like to see the goals spread out again, Coutinho needs a goal or two, the same goes for Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

rarnes1 wrote: »
    18-1 Cardiff :eek:

Plenty of goals;)

Some bookies are offering 13/1 draw no bet and 7/2 double chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

With Liverpool in top form and all the unrest in Cardiff with the mad man Tan, I'm going with a liverpool 4-2 win, As i think cardiff players will be fired up to bits for Mackay and will score the odd goal or two, but Suarez is unstoppable and i expect him to put cardiff to the sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Big game for Liverpool, I read on twitter that if they win, it'll be the first time Liverpool lead the league since the fall of nazi Germany.

Anyway Suarez is unstoppable atm, fully expect the Welsh club to get a trashing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Big game for Liverpool, I read on twitter that if they win, it'll be the first time Liverpool lead the league since the fall of nazi Germany.

Anyway Suarez is unstoppable atm, fully expect the Welsh club to get a trashing.

When did arsenal won a trophy?

http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/

Maybe you can drive there with Bergkamp..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Oranage2 wrote: »

Its not like you to talk through your hole.

Oranage2 makes a fantastic cast and some of those fish just cant resist that funny looking bait.

twas a joke. chill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Come on the draw!

jamaamaj wrote: »
    When did arsenal won a trophy?

http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/

Maybe you can drive there with Bergkamp..

The Stevie G popping in the side thinking "It could be worse" is brilliant :D

Two birds, one stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I know history is not important especially compared to form but Cardiff have an amazingly successful record vs Liverpool and particularly at Anfield. Just sayin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I've backed Liverpool and City -2 so expect both teams to struggle today

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I've backed Liverpool and City -2 so expect both teams to struggle today

Ive done a double draw, Liverpool/Cardiff and Arsenal/Chelsea

about 23/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Liverpool should win this handy they have No one in midfield. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Our 2nd European match of this season, and I given that we are playing at Anfield and our recent form, I would say we can better the draw we got in our first European game.

Liverpool win for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Same team as last Sunday. Confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

XI Liverpool (vs Cardiff City): Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez

Subs: Jones, Toure, Agger, Alberto, Aspas, Moses, Kelly.

Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

As others have said...if we get a couple of early goals then it will be a rout. If not then I think a nervy 2-1 or 3-2 is on the cards. If we don't win this then this place will be in meltdown.

Either way Suarez will be on form. Hope the subs are decent today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

As others have said...if we get a couple of early goals then it will be a rout. If not then I think a nervy 2-1 or 3-2 is on the cards. If we don't win this then this place will be in meltdown.

Either way Suarez will be on form. Hope the subs are decent today.

We are so reliant on Suarez theres always the chance he wont be in form and we will struggle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

We are so reliant on Suarez theres always the chance he wont be in form and we will struggle

After signing a new contract, I would be very surprised if any player was not on form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Malkay Mackay managing them today.

Anyone think this could provide some extra motivation for the Cardiff players today.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Anaemic performance inevitable today surely the positivity of the last 3 matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

After signing a new contract, I would be very surprised if any player was not on form.

Suarez has his off days occasionally too like against Hull.

Hopefully today won't be one of those days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's a criticism often levelled at Liverpool
    Fowler
    Gerrard
    and now Suarez

I think any team he plays in would rely on him

• Advertisement
Advertisement