Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas gift for crèche

Options
  • 20-12-2013 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Little man is only in crèche 8 weeks so I'm not sure what the norm is in relation to buying a gift for the crèche staff. Do you buy something? Just for your baby's minder or something that can be shared out amongst all staff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Tin of chocs to share in the staff room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

yellow hen wrote: »
    Little man is only in crèche 8 weeks so I'm not sure what the norm is in relation to buying a gift for the crèche staff. Do you buy something? Just for your baby's minder or something that can be shared out amongst all staff?

How many are on the staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Aineoil wrote: »
    How many are on the staff?
    about 12-15. I only deal with about 3 of them though. Is there any alternative to chocs? Something shareable though... Would bake a few things but I don't think I'd get time before Monday.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I got chocolates for the staff just a tin of quality st and then something from boots for his key workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

A few nice hand creams maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

a box of biscuits or chocolates.

I might get a box of chocs for all staff and then a bottle of wine and something for his minder? That'd be ok wouldn't it. I'm very happy with them and want to get something as a thank you and not because I feel I should.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I baked brownies which took under an hour from prep to out of the oven. I dusted some icing sugar over them and put them in a cake box I bought.

I then gave the 3 women we deal with most: 2 minders and the after school minder hand creams.

I set myself a budget of €10 for each gift as I think it's the thought that counts and it's my way of saying thank you

I baked brownies which took under an hour from prep to out of the oven. I dusted some icing sugar over them and put them in a cake box I bought.

I then gave the 3 women we deal with most: 2 minders and the after school minder hand creams.

I set myself a budget of €10 for each gift as I think it's the thought that counts and it's my way of saying thank you

Thanks, I stole the hand cream idea!

Advertisement