Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for job in Korea, in Animation

Options
  • 20-12-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi
    I've saved up enough money to fly to Korea and stay for a month... But i wuld preferrably like to live there fr 1 year and wrk in the animation industry. Does anybody have any links or any idea where I should start looking?
    I'm fully qualified, and have been working in the animation industry here in Ireland for the past 3 years. I'm als studying Korean wednesday nights in Trinity.

Kind Regards
    Alana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you are going over on a holiday visa you won't be able to apply/accept a job while there. Also animation jobs in South Korea are not paid well.

I would certainly recommend to go for a month to see what the country is like. It is very different to Ireland, and often people who have never visited have a romanticised view of the country (in much the same way people feel about Ireland and have never been here).

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭aob85

Hobbes wrote: »
    If you are going over on a holiday visa you won't be able to apply/accept a job while there. Also animation jobs in South Korea are not paid well.

I would certainly recommend to go for a month to see what the country is like. It is very different to Ireland, and often people who have never visited have a romanticised view of the country (in much the same way people feel about Ireland and have never been here).[/quotconcer

Hi! Thanks for your concern, I've been to korea before actually! I was the Irish contestant on 'Quiz on Korea 2013'
    Its on YouTube so you can have a look lol
    And I know all about the bad pay in the animation industry over there, I want to go over for 6 months to a year. Make enough money to live on.. If I save any its a plus :) I'm going over to experience a culture which I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭PMC83

Heres one westerners experience of working in a Korean animation house:

http://youngsoojang.blogspot.kr/2012/04/blog-post.html

Good reading

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭aob85

PMC83 wrote: »
    Heres one westerners experience of working in a Korean animation house:

http://youngsoojang.blogspot.kr/2012/04/blog-post.html

Good reading

Oh thanks for the link! really informative from an animators perspective, just what i needed to hear tbh

Advertisement