Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To buy or not to buy

Options
  • 20-12-2013 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

So I escaping the xmas madness in Fuerteventura. Talking to a few surf shop owners & instructors as well as the locals as Im seeing a lot of the locals on Joyas boards. They tell me he is the best shaper on the island. I pop up to his shop today and we have a good chat about my level, style & he even pops me on the weighing scales. Then he shows me a new board, he has shaped it. 6'8" x 20 1/2 with wing tail. Including fins (and I reckon I could haggle a bag outta him) €445. I reckon I could nearly get a custom boards from the likes of Power Source in Ireland for that? Its a f*cking nice board now and comes highly recommended as a quality, long lasting and well designed board. I'm sorely tempted but if could get as good or better at home for same money?? What say you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

how much to fly it home? If it's a pu / polly b the resin needs time to cure before it gets full hard about 3 weeks as soon as you put it in water that stops. How ever if it's uv cured polly resin or epoxt it's fine to surf straight away. Price wise it's a little bit high compared to west bay but he's seen you and reckons it's right for you.

If you walk into the shop with 400 in cash or even less, let him see it, it would be hard for him to let you out of the shop without the boards. Seeing the money makes it very hard to say no.

Enjoy the holidaywe are getting hammered by swell so something good should be coming your way

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭leblanc

Cheers man. Not custom made for me so ready to go. Flight home with AL will be €30 extra. Sound advice on the haggle approach. Appreciate it.

Le Blanc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Get a slightly larger board bag and bring some pipe lagging for the rails and possibly some bubble wrap for the board

Advertisement