Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to record streaming?

Options
  • 20-12-2013 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

What's the best software to record online streaming with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭prince of peasants

anyone? what software do people use to record youtube videos which include clips from tv?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Cam Studio is quite good. I have used it before for different purposes successfully

Mod Note:
    there should be no discussion on how to break encryption of streams

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

You can VLC to record streaming and I use Flvto for Youtube(Just make sure to uncheck all the crap when installing it.)

yoyo wrote: »
    Cam Studio is quite good. I have used it before for different purposes successfully

Mod Note: there should be no discussion on how to break encryption of streams

Thanks. I'm reluctant to download anything for free as it has the potential to bring with it viruses.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thanks. I'm reluctant to download anything for free as it has the potential to bring with it viruses.

Its safe so don't worry about it. It's open source software as well, a highly regarded one as well

Nick

Edit: Just a follow up point. The installer for Cam Studio may now have toolbars and the likes. Make sure to decline them during install

• Advertisement

You can VLC to record streaming and I use Flvto for Youtube(Just make sure to uncheck all the crap when installing it.)

Thanks. VLC and Flvto? Sorry for being a nube.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Thanks. VLC and Flvto? Sorry for being a nube.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html but, Cam Studio looks better. And, http://www.flvto.com/

May thanks Uncle Sam!

yoyo wrote: »
    Its safe so don't worry about it. It's open source software as well, a highly regarded one as well

Nick

Edit: Just a follow up point. The installer for Cam Studio may now have toolbars and the likes. Make sure to decline them during install

Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Freemake do a pretty good youtube downloaded.
    http://www.freemake.com/free_video_downloader/
    They must be getting pressure from the big boys like others as they seem to have taken it off their homepage. Most other decent equivalents are pay ware.

Cam studio is ok but not compatible with many sound cards and limited in this regard. Doesn't work reliably with overlays.

Snagit and Hypersnap are pay ware but some of the best video capture tools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

If your using Firefox, you can download the add-on 'DownloadHelper'

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Spiritiser

Not free but Camtasia is very good

Advertisement