Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can I stop my abusive ex partner from seeing his child?

Options
  • 21-12-2013 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I filed for a protection order against my physically abusive ex partner a few months back as he was abusing me throughout my pregnancy and i was put into hospital at one stage. He then applied for access and we are waiting to go to court next month. We tried to arrange access but he did not pay maintenance so I refused to let him see our newborn until court as he is not paying any maintenance and I fear for the protection of our child. Will the court look down on my decision or will they understand my reason for not letting him see our child? Also the day I filed the protection order he agressively grabbed the buggy from my grasp in public and started to raise his voice in front of our child, Any information would be so helpful...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You need to seek legal advice and if you need contact Citizens Information who are free and will also help with legal aid if thats whats needed.

Very sorry to hear about your situation and best of luck to you and your new little one.

Take dates and record anything and everything that happens.

Report to thye Garda station and ask for advice.

If possible always have your phone at hand and set to record video or sound just to prove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Unfortunately OP we cannot give legal advice here, you need to seek it either from a Free Legal Advice Centre ( www.flac.ie ) or a family law solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement