Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 17 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hazard off .....strongly considering switching him out for yaya even though I also have silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Oscar coming on..balls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hazard off?! That makes no sense!!!

He looked very tired tbh. 3 points - i take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Fingers crossed for 0-0 now!

How long left?

51 from 3 players, 16 from the other 8..I hate this f*****g game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

FT 0-0, fùck.

Giroud had a glorious chance to convert a would-be Ramsey assist. Donkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd be delighted with that but can't see it happening. Chelsea look like they'll score on the break.

0-0 would net me 21 points before any bps.

You sir are a genius.

Does that put you back in it in the Cup??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Happy with that. How are the BP's looking?

Currently predicted is 3 Bonus for Merts and Vermalin, 1 for Gibbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

chelsea can defend when they have to clean sheets at old trafford and the emirates. Azpilicueta may be worth a look come wildcard time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

I should get the 3 BPs for enduring that dog of a game.

I'm starting Terry and Mert. I can see Jose parking the bus and going for a 0 0 as Chelsea are away.

Credit where it's due. If only I'd listened I'd not have had such a bitch of a week. You did convince me to play Merts not Dawson with this comment so cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    You sir are a genius.

Does that put you back in it in the Cup??

I needed 17 from Terry, Mert and Ozil. I have 15 so far. Will any of those get bps?

I needed 17 from Terry, Mert and Ozil. I have 15 so far. Will any of those get bps?

Mert predicted for 3 so that would be 18..... Saying nothing more till they're confirmed.

Mert on 3:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I will expect to drop back from my gains over the weekend, 0-0 a disaster result really.

Hazard is under proper threat now as it looks like he may even be rested thursday, Silva for a hit possibly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

0-0. Of course it's 0 fcuking 0

Mertesacker added to the list of enemies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

dahat wrote: »
    I will expect to drop back from my gains over the weekend, 0-0 a disaster result really.

Hazard is under proper threat now as it looks like he may even be rested thursday, Silva for a hit possibly.

Why is he under proper threat. Has Mourinho said he'll be rested?

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »
    Why is he under proper threat. Has Mourinho said he'll be rested?

Proper threat from me nevermind Mourinho! Fully expect him to be on the bench against Swansea.
    Silva is on my radar and i was looking for a reason to get him in and i am happy to use tonights events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

FutureGuy wrote: »
    0-0. Of course it's 0 fcuking 0

Mertesacker added to the list of enemies

And if not for Koscielny's injury, I'd have shared in this bounty. Thin-fleshed b****** :P

27 from four players tonight gives me a grand total of 79 (-4). Very happy with that. Could have been much better with a further 9 from Wes Brown if he hadn't been insanely stupid though.

Bonus points added - 3 for Mert(:D) and Vermaelen, 1 for Gibbs.
    Total score of 86 for me. Happy with that, but I doubt i will get back to 500k. 580k before this game, and scored 15 points tonight...

Paully D wrote: »
    27 from four players tonight gives me a grand total of 79 (-4). Very happy with that.

27 from 4? How?

wonski wrote: »
    27 from 4? How?

Sorry, I'm an idiot. I counted Ramsey and Hazard as getting 6 each, when I should have counted 3. 21 from four. Time for bed!

• Advertisement

Dreamteam looks great this week with Adebeayor and Crouch, and the rest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

This into the big time now next week with the cup :D

79 all in for the week.

Jumped from 132k to 112k after Sat but expect to drop back a good bit on update.

Knee jerked Silva in for Hazard, i doubt he will start v Swansea and i reckon Silva will give me better returns from here in

Paully D wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm an idiot. I counted Ramsey and Hazard as getting 6 each, when I should have counted 3. 21 from four. Time for bed!
    Actually 27 from four was possible, was just wondering what combination of defenders did you use;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

15 from Mert, Ramsey & Hazard. Leaves me on a forgettable 74 (-4) for the week. Bring on Boxing Day football.

Played 4 midfielders this week (Ramsey, Hazard, Nasri, Coutinho) and none scored above 3 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Worst. Week. Ever. A thoroughly embarassing 52 points despite having Suarez as captain.

Jesus. I thought mine was bad. Sub 60 is a shocking week.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

83 points, not bad could've been alot better though

roryc wrote: »
    Jesus. I thought mine was bad. Sub 60 is a shocking week.
    I'm on exactly 60 if you ignore the transfer hit, but it makes no sense to ignore the hit. I've gone from a top 5000 finish last year to 136535 in the world. This year is not going to plan at all.

CSF wrote: »
    Worst. Week. Ever. A thoroughly embarassing 52 points despite having Suarez as captain.

You sir need a WC badly i imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Finished on 81. Only thing that's annoying me is I brought in Mig this week and left Szczesny on the bench. Hopefully will see some green arrows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

CSF wrote: »
    I'm on exactly 60 if you ignore the transfer hit, but it makes no sense to ignore the hit. I've gone from a top 5000 finish last year to 136535 in the world. This year is not going to plan at all.

Try top 3,000 to 468,000. Haven't checked where I am after tonight but it ain't going to be much better than 468,000

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

69 for the week, thoroughly average

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

69 -16 for the week. A shocker considering the hit. My defence has let me down big time this year. Got rid of Ivanovic after conceding against Palace, Hull, etc. Then he goes and gets a CS away to Arsenal. FFS!

Things can only get better. Roll on St. Stephen's Day...

dahat wrote: »
    You sir need a WC badly i imagine.
    Not as much as you might think. I'll still greatly appreciate it no doubt, but with Ozil, Hazard, Lukaku and Negredo not delivering the returns I would expect I'd put it down to a disastrous week rather than a disastrous team. Those are players you wouldn't be surprised at all to see have a really good spell over the next 2 GWs.

• Advertisement

Mignolet, Ollson, Pieters, Ramsey, Oscar, Miralles, Shelvey and Lukaku. 8 players, current cost 53.6 million, total points return this week: 16.

Sweet Jesus.

Benimar wrote: »
    Mignolet, Ollson, Pieters, Ramsey, Oscar, Miralles, Shelvey and Lukaku. 8 players, current cost 53.6 million, total points return this week: 16.

Sweet Jesus.
    I also suffered from 4 of those 8. Add in Skrtel and Distin for me with Ozil and Hazard nothing to shout about either, and its a pretty disastrous week all around.

Sweet Jesus.

Add to that Suarez(C) and you would score 48 + Cabaye, Mert and Rooney would make the total of 79. Not too bad. Picking 8 players who did nothing this week, and cost 50m is pointless really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

73. Not good. :/ Not exactly a high scoring week come Thursday either. Half considering shipping Ramsey out.

wonski wrote: »
    Add to that Suarez(C) and you would score 48 + Cabaye, Mert and Rooney would make the total of 79. Not too bad. Picking 8 players who did nothing this week, and cost 50m is pointless really.

Not when the world and it's mother had Suarez(c) and Coleman, 2 of the 3 who did score. Also your 79 comes from 12 players, 1 I don't have and 1 I didn't play.

Your combo gives 68-70 for 11 players which would be the 2nd worst score of the top 20 in my ML.

73. Not good. :/ Not exactly a high scoring week come Thursday either. Half considering shipping Ramsey out.
    Why? He still brings the points. Tonight was a terrible game for all involved, but I wouldn't blame him for lack of points there tbh.

Regards,
    Member of a "Pro-Ramsey Brigade"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Credit where it's due. If only I'd listened I'd not have had such a bitch of a week. You did convince me to play Merts not Dawson with this comment so cheers.

Haha, I was going to go and look for that comment. I knew Jose would be happy with a 0-0 away.

I needed 17 from Mert, Terry and Ozil. I got 18! What a result. 79 to 80 to me. Through to the last 32.

Did you go out?

Not when the world and it's mother had Suarez(c) and Coleman, 2 of the 3 who did score. Also your 79 comes from 12 players, 1 I don't have and 1 I didn't play.

Your combo gives 68-70 for 11 players which would be the 2nd worst score of the top 20 in my ML.

Sorry, added 1 too many, but blaming Mignolet, Ollson, Pieters, Ramsey, Oscar, Miralles, Shelvey and Lukaku for lack of points? Where is another 50m spent? What I said i could pick a team of 11 worth 120m, and they could have scored less than Suarez;)
    Suarez (C) was a must have this week, Coleman - just an option. Few other defenders - Newcastle/Arsenal/Chelsea scored well, too.
    You can't just pick 8 players - where half of them are crap (bar Mignolet), and expect great return. The Shelvey bandwagon started when the guy forgot which team he was in (Swansea-Liverpool game). Last season he celebrated a goal he didn't even score. He was and is - imo - that bad.

Haha, I was going to go and look for that comment. I knew Jose would be happy with a 0-0 away.

I needed 17 from Mert, Terry and Ozil. I got 18! What a result. 79 to 80 to me. Through to the last 32.

Did you go out?

Well and truly by 11 points in the end.

76(-4) is not a disaster but I've just gone from 4 weeks hovering around the 50k mark to just outside the top 100k in two weeks. :mad:

Still gonna get rid of Terry I think. Coleman a better option till WC time I think.

• Advertisement

Fallen all the way back to 86k. Hopefully Thursdays games are kind to me. Could do with Arsenal having a field day (to nil) against West Ham and Everton doing the same at home to Sunderland.

Advertisement