Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 17 Matchday Thread

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Catastrophic result for me tonight... Dropped 2.5k position. 73 for the week. Playing Dawson instead of Terry was bad... and I did get warned...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I nip out to the pub to catch up with a few friends, only seeing the last 20 minutes of that abomination of a game (great success right?) and I end up dropping back to 119k :eek:

78 (-4) and my first red arrow in 9 weeks. This was the week I was meant to break inside the top 100k having been as low as 880k, just in time for Xmas.

Has there been a budget considering all of the old reliables have gone up this GW? (bar Ramsey who I naturally bought 3 weeks ago)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

84 points.

Stuck with RVP until GW 14 where I swapped him out for Suarez. Best decision ever. Meant that I have stopped sliding down the rankings (dropped from 74,776 to 1,181,226 and now back to 540,881)

In those four gameweeks he has gotten:
    9 goals (out of 18 total)
    7 assists (11 total)
    maximum BPs in each of the games - 12 BPS (24 total)

Thats an astounding record. :D

Never had Suarez in my team last year and wasn't even going to contemplate getting him in. If RVP was even getting as couple I wouldn't have picked Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The overall table has been updated. 86 points brought me up from 665k up to 565k. Nice rise and if i do it right i might go back into 500k, maybe even 400k by the end of the month.
    This week rank is 177k, which is nice bonus. I know some of you aim much higher, but it is my first season played from the start, and ending it anywhere near 300-400k would be nice. Lads at work didn't pay attention lately, so i am 2nd in the league with a 50 points gap to both the leader and the 3rd... Right in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Brought in Barkley and Suarez this week so really happy with the boost they have given the squad (especially Suarez). Gives my score this week [76 (-4)] and healthier look then the shocking results I have been having in the previous weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My 80 points with no hits has seen me jump up to 7k. So, rather then falling this week as I expected, I've gone up from 8k to 7k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

q2ice wrote: »
    84 points.

Stuck with RVP until GW 14 where I swapped him out for Suarez. Best decision ever. Meant that I have stopped sliding down the rankings (dropped from 74,776 to 1,181,226 and now back to 540,881)

In those four gameweeks he has gotten:
    9 goals (out of 18 total)
    7 assists (11 total)
    maximum BPs in each of the games - 12 BPS (24 total)

Thats an astounding record. :D

Never had Suarez in my team last year and wasn't even going to contemplate getting him in. If RVP was even getting as couple I wouldn't have picked Suarez.

Funny story here - I rather post here than finish my shopping list for tomorrow:D
    I joined the game last season in GW5 or 6 - choose the team, all set and the day before the Saturday kick-off I decided to bench Suarez because i didn't like him. Guess what - he had a hat-trick iirc. GW6.
    I might be new to the game, but the last thing that influence my transfer list now is my feelings towards the players. And now, when i watch more games than ever, watching the players laughing to each other, shaking their hands after the games etc...i realise that what you see during the game is a regular Joe who happened to be good in kicking the ball (and earning a lot of money doing this). They are just regular people, who may loose the plot during the game, but at the end they are just people.
    Reminds me how i acted when playing with friends. All these talks about Suarez being a dick etc makes me laugh. And no matter who they are, if you stay away from the player just because you don't like him, you may just play another game instead because what matters is the points. No player gets extra points for having a good PR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

wonski wrote: »
    Funny story here - I rather post here than finish my shopping list for tomorrow:D
    I joined the game last season in GW5 or 6 - choose the team, all set and the day before the Saturday kick-off I decided to bench Suarez because i didn't like him. Guess what - he had a hat-trick iirc. GW6.
    I might be new to the game, but the last thing that influence my transfer list now is my feelings towards the players. And now, when i watch more games than ever, watching the players laughing to each other, shaking their hands after the games etc...i realise that what you see during the game is a regular Joe who happened to be good in kicking the ball (and earning a lot of money doing this). They are just regular people, who may loose the plot during the game, but at the end they are just people.
    Reminds me how i acted when playing with friends. All these talks about Suarez being a dick etc makes me laugh. And no matter who they are, if you stay away from the player just because you don't like him, you may just play another game instead because what matters is the points. No player gets extra points for having a good PR.

My hesitation in getting him in wasn't based on not liking him as an individual. It was more of can he keep it up/is he really worth it for how much he costs - as in points return per million.
    His work rate seems a lot better this year and he seems to be jelling better with other players (or it could just be my imagination)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

93 for the week. Up 50 k to 166k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I got 92 (-4) for the week though my transfer was unnecessary.

Puts me in the top 100k which I'm feeling good about after not breaking into the top 1,000,000 until GW9

I go through to the last 32 in the FFS Cup too which is a bonus. GW19 for the next round

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

down to 300k another shocking gw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Feck, benching Mertesacker in favour of a Liverpool defender didn't pay off :mad:

68 points for the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Feck, benching Mertesacker in favour of a Liverpool defender didn't pay off :mad:

68 points for the week
    Probably still the correct decision more often than not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

CSF wrote: »
    Probably still the correct decision more often than not.

Well now I benched Glen Johnson and put on Merte

Watch him keep a clean sheet vs City and score a winner now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Well now I benched Glen Johnson and put on Merte

Watch him keep a clean sheet vs City and score a winner now...
    Probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fizman wrote: »

That's a great score. What rating was that for the week?

Lemlin wrote: »
    That's a great score. What rating was that for the week?

47,731. Badly needed. Main contributors were Suarez (c), Rooney, Yaya, Lallana, Negredo, Coleman, Terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

85-8 for the week, happy with that, another week of green arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Lallana, Cabaye, and Rooney were the differentials this week. Had none of those three. Finished on 73. Dropped like a stone to 49,000 but still desperately clinging to the top 50k. >_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

The top 50 overall had an average of 86.6, that's the best way to judge how good a week you had. From 51-100 had an average of 85.7 so average of top 100 was 86.17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

67(-4) for me..

Not having Arsenal or Chelsea defensive coverage killed me, and Evans just missing out on that CS thanks to Butter that useless fecker.

Played Gazzaniga over Szczesny :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I got 82 after 101 the previous week.
    Have up 300,000 places to 500k!

Easy knowing in on holidays and have time to look at the thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

80(-4) dropped me from 33k overall to 35k overall.

Not bad all things considered.

Advertisement