Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 17 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

54 with six to play.

But I took a 12 pt hit this week so am really back at 42 which isn't great. Hoping for goals galore in the arsenal game tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

roryc wrote: »
    Unless you are 1st in the world, there's no probably about it.

Suarez and Yaya are 40% plus ownership each and have 42 pts between them (assuming you didnt try to get cute with captain choice this week), the score with a hit aint that great for people in top 40k global i dont think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

57 will definitely see you rise though, absolutely no chance you won't. Even top players would be doing well with 50 this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

50 after the bonus points, another 1 point to come off the bench. 5 more to play between tomorrow and Monday, but all across just 2 games.

Am hoping my lack of points hits this week can see me move up slightly in the overall rankings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

On 54 after BPs, happy with that! Ramsey, Lukaku, Coleman, Hazard, Mert & Shelvey left to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

45 points for me with 7 left to play.
    Seamie, Lukaku and hopefully Clyne tomorrow.
    Oscar, Ozil, Walcott and Mert on Monday night.... A snow storm wouldn't go down too well.

46(-4) with 6 to play. About to go out on the piss and have an early flight back to Ireland in the morning for Christmas so need to make a decision on my transfers.

Yaya for an 8 point hit or wait until next week and get Silva on a FT...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

On 57 with five left to play. (Rambo, Hazard, Lukaku, Coleman, and Fonte.) Should end up with a pretty good week, though I'm not expecting to gain any ground in the rankings. Lots of teams rocking a very similar set-up right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

46(-4) with 7 left to play
    A nice bonus point from Ridgewell makes up in some small way for the Moxey 0
    Silva in this week for Lallana and Ridgewell will say goodbye next GW
    Everyone in my leagues seem to have gotten 50+ so I'll lose ground tonight but I'll hopefully make up a little ground between tomorrow and Monday
    Although, in saying that, my differentials are Walcott, Lallana and Szczesny. Fingers crossed.

A lot of people have scored above 50 in the leagues, I'll be dropping tonight. Actually thought I might see a slight rise but so many people have Yaya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hogey007 wrote: »
    happy to see mannone in line for 3bp's that'll take him to 10 versus marshall's 2 so cancels out the 4 point hit and gives me an extra 4 points on top of it.
    kilburn wrote: »
    spotted the comments about this earlier this morning, i have had a keeper problem for weeks only had one playing keeper Marshall and Daniels, so took the 4 point hit and got Mannone in too happy days it worked but with the fixtures he and Marshall had it was a no brainer, finally have 2 rotating keepers with good fixtures.

Instead of praising this great GK combination I should have gone for it (several weeks ago already !). Mignolet is soooooo useless for this game. It doesn't matter if he's getting penalised by his defense and Rodgers choping and changing it all the time, he just does not provide points. Argh... This "undecision" will cost me... Mannone would have been the differential I needed.

54 with Coleman, Dawson ; Ramsey, Ozil, Shelvey and Lukaku to play. Unfortunately this score is just about decent in my private league :eek:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

46(-4) with 6 to play. About to go out on the piss and have an early flight back to Ireland in the morning for Christmas so need to make a decision on my transfers.

Yaya for an 8 point hit or wait until next week and get Silva on a FT...

I'd wait, I only just seen your post in the transfer thread.

I don't think an 8 point hit and a gamble on a player (Walcott) who hasn't played yet is worth it unless it was leaving you (a) unable to afford the transfer and/or (b) unable to field a team without an 8 point hit or (c) if the player you were bringing in had a very easy fixture and likely to earn loads of points but in this case Yaya plays a Liverpool side in top form, I couldn't see him scoring more than once maximum.

If I were you, I'd hang on, do the Walcott transfer after he has played and if you don't have enough defenders with vlaar injured you could take a 4 point hit this week to bring Olsson in for vlaar and then do silva/yaya in next week after the Liverpool game. it's also worth remembering there isn't very many days between gameweeks now so chances of players rising .2 or .3 are even slimmer as the next gameweek starts on Thursday rather than the usual Saturday.

Ps. Enjoy your night on the beer.

A lot of people have scored above 50 in the leagues, I'll be dropping tonight. Actually thought I might see a slight rise but so many people have Yaya

I'm in 29th in main league. About to drop into the 30's.
    Only 5 people above me scored less than my 46 points and they scored 44, 43, 45, 45, 44

Yaya and Cabaye f***** me over big time. Need Walcott to get me out of major trouble again this week.

I've been an Arsenal fan for 27 years but right now I hate you Arron Ramsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

46 points from four. 7 left to play across two games - Coleman, Terry, Mert, Ramsey, Ozil, Hazard, Lukaku.

I'm surprised that of the 2 people just behind me in my work league (all in top 10k in world), neither went for Rooney as their Aguero replacement. One kept Aguero. The other brought in Negredo.

Both have Yaya so my thinking is I'll go for him instead of Silva as a blocker. I'm ahead so need to stay ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

61 (-4) w/ Howard, Chiriches, Shelvey, Barkley, Oscar & Ramsey still to go.

V. happy so far anyway. Oscar outscoring Hazard would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

they dont know about the 5 goals that ramsey, ozil and hazard are going to score each on Monday night

PARlance wrote: »
    45 points for me with 7 left to play.
    Seamie, Lukaku and hopefully Clyne tomorrow.
    Oscar, Ozil, Walcott and Mert on Monday night.... A snow storm wouldn't go down too well.

Take that back right now. Erase this post and we can pretend it was never written.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ha, Brunt got me a random BP.

57 with Ramsey, Coleman, Oscar and Lallana to play.

Rooney and Kompany's points (even if Kompany's could've been so much better) were the most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

On 60(-4) with 5 to play, pretty pleased with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

58 with 6 to play, 3 x Everton and Ozil,Ramsey and Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wow, the average is ONLY 31, bit mad considering that Suarez scored 32 as a captain. Either a lot of unactive players, or people without him bringing the average down.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

any chance hazard ramsey wont play ha! i have januzaj on my bench..had to bench him with cabaye toure in my midfield also

Average so far for the GW is 31 points. Really illustrates how many managerless teams are in it

Mentioned in another thread that Suarez % ownership is an accurate reflection of the active accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

72pts from 5 players! 6 to go, I break 80 easy if those 6 only go 60mins

Really strong start for my FFS Cup matchup

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    72pts from 5 players! 6 to go, I break 80 easy if those 6 only go 60mins

Really strong start for my FFS Cup matchup

Really missed a chance to tilt the fukk out of roryc with this post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

56 (-8) with 5 to play after bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Wow, the average is ONLY 31, bit mad considering that Suarez scored 32 as a captain. Either a lot of unactive players, or people without him bringing the average down.

:eek:
    57 will definitely see you rise though, absolutely no chance you won't. Even top players would be doing well with 50 this week.

54 here and a small red arrow in the overall ranking :eek: :o...

57 would have given me a small green arrow though.

Tells you about top 10k average :eek: !

Dang, my 50 sees me drop 3K places to 22K globally

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

62 (-4) with Coleman, Ramsey, Ozil and Lukaku to go. Regret bringing in Coutinho massively, but he was very unlucky not to score. Story of my midfield this season really.

However as of tonight I'm sitting in 93k and would be over the moon to remain there come Monday night. Either way a Turner clean sheet has me smiling and despite Yaya doing his best to ruin things it's been a good Saturday.

• Advertisement

My 46 sees me drop 3k places from 8k to 11k. Not as bad as I expected tbh.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Really missed a chance to tilt the fukk out of roryc with this post

I don't get it. But anyway just realised that I had 3 transfers this week not 2, so that's a -4, 68 total so far from 5.

The remaining 6 to go are all highly owned so that's why score doesn't really matter, no differentials so I won't gain anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

All red arrows from my 54. Hopefully I'll be seeing green come Monday night.

8-10 wrote: »
    I don't get it. But anyway just realised that I had 3 transfers this week not 2, so that's a -4, 68 total so far from 5.

Ah you probably missed him cracking up earlier on posters who got a good score but followed it up with something like 'disappointing' or 'it'll do'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

54(-4) from 5 players. Sounds ok but dropped 5,000 to 93k.

Goose looks to be cooked in FFS cup. Trailing by 16 although yer man has only 4 to play.

Differentials are my Howard, Merts, Walcott and Lukaku vs his Ozil and Coleman. Can't see me making up 16 from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

55. Could have been much better if Brown didn't get sent off but at least he still got 3 points.

Ah you probably missed him cracking up earlier on posters who got a good score but followed it up with something like 'disappointing' or 'it'll do'

Huh? That annoys me too but I didn't say anything like that! I meant it's a strong score, and even if I get poor returns from my remaining players I'll have a really good score easily, and it's a great start to the weekend in cup terms.

I don't know how you get disappointed or that'll do from my post! I think it's an awesome score and I'm happy to say it!!

FHFC wrote: »

Goose looks to be cooked in FFS cup. Trailing by 16 although yer man has only 4 to play.

Differentials are my Howard, Merts, Walcott and Lukaku vs his Ozil and Coleman. Can't see me making up 16 from that.

hmmmm

Lets assume that Howard and Coleman cancel each other out. That means a Walcott goal and Lukaku goal would most likely see you in with a great chance, or a brace from either. Even 2 points from Mert would help too.

Not over by a long shot, you can do it FHFC!

FHFC wrote: »
    54(-4) from 5 players. Sounds ok but dropped 5,000 to 93k.

I'm also 17 behind. He has 63. I have 46. We both have Coleman, Lukaku, Hazard and Ramsey. So I need that 17 from Terry, Mert and Ozil.

My only hope is a bizarre occurrence where Terry plays 60 minutes and goes off injured. Ozil then assists a Mertesacker winner and Arsenal win one nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

50 points and rose slightly.

Although I am currently between 800k, and 900k place. Its a far cry from the top 300k in GW7.

:o

• Advertisement

Down 40,000 places to 530000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

60 points with 6 to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

64pts from 5 players including a -1 from Gab...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Bench'd Cabaye this morning for Gabbidon, of course Cabaye scores first, then I see 2-0 and think feck, Cabaye has scored again, nope, Gabbidon OG :D

Watching SNF and Silva is. all over the field, looks to be bang in form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He is not wrong to be fair.

Paully D wrote: »
    55. Could have been much better if Brown didn't get sent off but at least he still got 3 points.
    Jesus, I didn't realise he does get the clean sheet bonus. That is proposterous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

CSF wrote: »
    He is not wrong to be fair.

Disappointing is relative though. I got 56(-4) today, and lost ground in all my money leagues as well as dropping in the overall rankings. That's disappointing!

Had I got 56(-4) and gained ground it would be a good score.

Iago wrote: »
    Disappointing is relative though. I got 56(-4) today, and lost ground in all my money leagues as well as dropping in the overall rankings. That's disappointing!

Had I got 56(-4) and gained ground it would be a good score.
    Of course disappointing is relative, but the good people here at the FSA forum are USUALLY able to figure out what is a relatively good score and a relatively bad score. If you're posting here telling people you're disappointed with your 70 score today because the 2 people ahead of you in the league got 80 and 82, Rory is completely within his rights to smack you back into shape. Whereas 70 the week Suarez obliterated Norwich, anyone would have accepted someone complaining about scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

61(-4) didnt do whole lot for me either like i thought. Only slightly up and a red arrow in a private league.

Advertisement