Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piranhas

Options
  • 21-12-2013 5:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Was thinking about getting a few piranhas and I´m looking for a bit of advice before I get started. How easy/hard are they to look after?
    What size of tank would you need for 3 or 4 of them to thrive? Any other tips/advice?
    I´m thinking at least 150lts minimum, probably more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

All I know about them is that I've been told they're tremendously boring; they're very shy and will hide from people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I've never kept them, but they grow reasonably big - 6". 150l would be too small. I would say 300l minimum for 3 or 4.

IMO, they're a novelty fish. They are not particularly attractive or active in an aquarium and very shy as said above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

They dont like having the tank lights on and will scatter madly if you do it...they like quite murky,coloured water and grow very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Not to mention what you have to feed them. I don't see the attraction.

Advertisement