Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zero Nicotine Juice - The arguments

Options
  • 21-12-2013 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

While the great debate about ecigs is ongoing in relation to Nicotine Containing Juice, the white elephant in the room is of course Zero Nicotine eJuice which quite literally could not be really regulated unless they plan on banning all base flavors, propylene glycol and glycerine (everyday cooking ingredients).

Now while I know the majority of vapers are using nicotine base juice, certainly over this side of the world zero nicotine juice is becoming more and more prevalent, with people taking up vaping due to some of the amazing flavors INSTEAD of real cigarettes (high school/college students/call center agents who would normally start smoking fags).

This juice contains every potential health hazards/toxins in regular juice, however without the [sarcasm]devil[/sarcasm] Nicotine - it will not have any regulations imposed however, at least none mentioned.

Discuss ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

What flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

I personally find it good for the vaper who is winding itself down with the aim to stop using nicotine. I know lots of people replaced smoking with vaping. I never had that objective. Now im on 1 mg and 0 mg. I hope this doesnt offend anyone but i find myself the no nicotine juicejuice an aid for me at the moment while i dont decide to stop Vaping completly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I vape 12mg juices normally. Tried zero recently in one of my favourite flavours (coffee) but really missed the nicotine bite. Not for me, but I've no desire to quit nicotine. Could be good for someone who does I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I vape 12mg juices normally. Tried zero recently in one of my favourite flavours (coffee) but really missed the nicotine bite. Not for me, but I've no desire to quit nicotine. Could be good for someone who does I suppose.

Likewise I'm on 10mg juice currently with no current desire to quit either.

Nicotine + ejuice = heavily restrictecd on the basis "it might be a heath Hazard"

Nicotine + ejuice = allowed, and allowed to buy as much as you like ONCE it conforms to the new rulings with relation to packaging / percentages.

0 nicotine eJuice = allowed, based on "all ingredients are freely available"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

was.deevey wrote: »
    While the great debate about ecigs is ongoing in relation to Nicotine Containing Juice, the white elephant in the room is of course Zero Nicotine eJuice which quite literally could not be really regulated unless they plan on banning all base flavors, propylene glycol and glycerine (everyday cooking ingredients).

Now while I know the majority of vapers are using nicotine base juice, certainly over this side of the world zero nicotine juice is becoming more and more prevalent, with people taking up vaping due to some of the amazing flavors INSTEAD of real cigarettes (high school/college students/call center agents who would normally start smoking fags).

This juice contains every potential health hazards/toxins in regular juice, however without the [sarcasm]devil[/sarcasm] Nicotine - it will not have any regulations imposed however, at least none mentioned.

Discuss ...
    Nail and head.
    The big danger is from the carriers not the nicotine. We have enough data on the effect of nicotine in the doses we use. What we have no data on is the effects of PG or VG used long term. I'm fairly sure the amounts are small enough not to prove a problem, certainly as far as second hand vaper is concerned but we can't be sure.
    Then theirs flavors which may be the real danger. I know that some flavors affect me personaly (heavy chest and running nose) we again have no data on which flavors are safe for inhalation.
    I would have liked to see the warning on the bottles have some information on the fact that some people react to PG and that their may be allergic reactions to some flavors.

All of this is of course from the point of view of a user, the regulators are not aware of users, their concern is with smoking and non users. The lack of regulation of ingredients sans nicotine is indicative of tobacco control's obsession with smoking elimination. If they took their heads out of their arsesthe sand they might understand that having an alternative to smoking is the best chance of reducing smoking prevalence. Sweden is proof of this. We would know that this was their intention if they had regulated ecigs as safer alternatives to smoking, instead they regulated them as gateways to smoking. Focusing on the addictive component rather than the whole product.

So it falls to vendors and manufactures to fill the gap and they will be reluctant to do anything that might draw the attention of the regulators after the complete disaster for public health that the TPD was.

As to having no regulations attached to 0 nic juice, it probably won't have sales restrictions but once public use bans come in and come in they will, 0 nic juice and devices will be included, just to avoid loopholes and confusion you know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement