Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa in Dublin

Options
  • 21-12-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Where's the best Santa in Dublin? Anybody come close to switzers anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

m3bm wrote: »
    Where's the best Santa in Dublin? Anybody come close to switzers anymore?

I think the Santa in powerscourt is the real deal. It's €12 per child and the presents aren't great but the surroundings, atmosphere and Santa are perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

My neighbours went to see Santa in St. Stephen's Green yesterday morning. Joined queue at 9.30.am, 7th in queue. Saw Santa at 1pm...apparently the camera broke and the organisers didn't have a spare. 3.5 hours wasted in the queue. They said he was a great Santa but the wait left a sour taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

athtrasna wrote: »
    My neighbours went to see Santa in St. Stephen's Green yesterday morning. Joined queue at 9.30.am, 7th in queue. Saw Santa at 1pm...apparently the camera broke and the organisers didn't have a spare. 3.5 hours wasted in the queue. They said he was a great Santa but the wait left a sour taste.

I can't believe they had to wait that long and that they did wait that long. That is absolutely crazy. What a major disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Pang wrote: »
    I can't believe they had to wait that long and that they did wait that long. That is absolutely crazy. What a major disappointment.

Thing is you can't really say Santa is one place and then give up waiting and bring the kids someplace else. Kids are 6 and 4 so at an age where they would question that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

We brought my daughter to Santa in Dundrum on Saturday. She's only 8 months so it was just to humour us and to get a pic of her with Santa! So so so sorely disappointed :(

Cosy us €18 for 3 photos. Queued for 45 minutes and into a Santa who had a fake beard (have seen so many fb photos of kids at Santa's with real beards) and Santa and elf came completely out of character when they saw my daughter was a baby.... Told us it was going to be a long day etc etc..

Photos were awful too, very out of focus. The elf took 5 and then as she said herself gave up trying to get one.

Sorry I know you didn't ask for an essay but I thought best to advise avoiding this one!

• Advertisement
Advertisement