Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas idea

Options
  • 21-12-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi everyone iv a ps3 and I'm looking to possibly give it away to a family with kids see on as it's Xmas as I know things are tough for everyone. It's an original ps3 it does work. I know people would suggest Vincent de Paul and right they should but I'm aware that there are other families that are not in receipt of svdp services that could do with it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Fair play to you - great idea!

So I guess the challenge for you now is to choose which of those families to give it to, and how to hand it over (anonymously thru the post, face-to-face, get a random 3rd party to knock on their door) ....

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

Fair play to you - great idea!

So I guess the challenge for you now is to choose which of those families to give it to, and how to hand it over (anonymously thru the post, face-to-face, get a random 3rd party to knock on their door) ....

Well even If someone pms me about it might be better because if they need it they might not want it known. It has games also

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Possibly the kids unit in the hospital?
    They might set it up for use by the long term patients there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just an idea but maybe COPE could use it?
    Like a women's shelter where they go with kids to get away from domestic abuse. Possibly there isn't much for the kids to do there.

* I am now presuming such a shelter exist locally and that they take in kids in that age group.
    Oh and that the games are appropriate.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

There is a COPE shelter at Osterley Lodge in Salthill (a couple of doors down from Mortons). Contact details on their website: http://www.copegalway.ie/index.php/homelessness-contact-us. Just give them a quick call to ask if they would have any use for the PS3 and you can arrange to drop it in. I am sure they will be delighted.

• Advertisement

Cope and the like can't accept electrical goods :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Cope and the like can't accept electrical goods :(

wow. Did they say why?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'd imagine insurance issues: their insurance companies probably aren't willing to cover the risks associated with not having the good inspected by qualified people.

I'd imagine insurance issues: their insurance companies probably aren't willing to cover the risks associated with not having the good inspected by qualified people.

Oh well I tried :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Wow, isn't that typical!!?!

• Advertisement

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Wow, isn't that typical!!?!

Very ESP when ya try and do a good thing and they can't accept it

Very ESP when ya try and do a good thing and they can't accept it

Hi mods
    This thread can be removed thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Oki, locked on request (with mod approval).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement