Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 18 Transfers.

• 21-12-2013 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of getting Kolarov in place of Zabaleta, he's produced some nice points from assists of late, if Yaya is off, he will likely take free kicks too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I had planned to transfer Terry out but then Mignolet faces City away. That could be a bloodbath.

I need 1 million to be able to afford to go Brady to Silva so I might just transfer out Mig for Mannone. My long term plan is to have Krul and Mannone so that'll free up 1.3 million for now.

Mannone is away to Everton. Still not a great fixture but better than facing City at the Etihad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

I'm thinking of bringing in Walcott. Already have 3 players from Arsenal though, might get rid of Szczesny and bring in Howard instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Looking at Mignolet out to Lloris. Just trying to see myself through with transfers until January 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

CSF wrote: »
    Looking at Mignolet out to Lloris. Just trying to see myself through with transfers until January 1st.

.. LLoris? Really? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Invincible wrote: »
    I am thinking of getting Kolarov in place of Zabaleta, he's produced some nice points from assists of late, if Yaya is off, he will likely take free kicks too.

think I read somewhere that zab's injury isn't too bad and he might be back in a week. I could be wrong but have a look into it before you do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Suarez in again, want to have at least 2 of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Danger781 wrote: »
    .. LLoris? Really? :confused:
    You're actually right. De Gea it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KevIRL wrote: »
    Suarez in again, want to have at least 2 of him

Good thing about Suarez is he will sort the in active accounts as he missed the start of the season.

His owned % after Xmas will be a true reflection of active accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking of going Mig to De Gea myself, will have a better idea today whether the Villa clean sheet was the start of them tightening up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Have 18.4 for 2 midfielders, I'm thinking Walcott and Silva. Already have Hazard, Ramsey and Morrisson. Any opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hogey007 wrote: »
    think I read somewhere that zab's injury isn't too bad and he might be back in a week. I could be wrong but have a look into it before you do anything.
    Yep a week or 2.

Manchester City FC
    @MCFC
    PELLEGRINI: I think Pablo is not so big an injury. Maybe he will be back soon. Maybe a week or two, but the doctor will decide #mcfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I think it's Lallana out and Silva in for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

As expected since last week, I'm looking at Coutinho to Walcott. Liverpool have been scoring but he just can't seem to get involved, despite being unlucky (hitting the post again today).

Walcott is at 80% to a rise but will wait until after Arsenal game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Have Brady sitting uselessly on my bench. Need to make some cash and bring in a cheaper option so I can upgrade elsewhere. Was thinking about Livermore and see he's knocked one in today. Thoughts/advice?

Looking at my first 4 point hit in a while but I see it as necessary. Mig to Mannone and Brady to Silva.

Silva will probably get booked when I bring him in but it's a long term transfer.

Walcott now at 87%, set to rise tonight at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

roryc wrote: »
    Walcott now at 87%, set to rise tonight at this rate.

He's my transfer this week. Tempted to pull the trigger now but I'll hold off til Monday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Thinking of Ollson (WBA) and Shelvey out, Chester and Silva in for -4 (Would mean I have to hold onto Brady though)

Anyone want to talk me out of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any good defenders for £4.6m not named Chester or playing for Sunderland that have nice fixtures over the Christmas period?

Paully D wrote: »
    Any good defenders for £4.6m not named Chester or playing for Sunderland that have nice fixtures over the Christmas period?

Ben Turner at Cardiff. Martin Olsson at Norwich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Walcott and Januzi in for Townsend and Lampard. Small risk with Walcott playing on Monday, but hopefully he comes though ok.

Anyone know much about Norwich's Whittaker? He's £3.9m and has started the last three games, with Norwich becoming tighter at the back only conceding 1 goal. He has picked up 2 yellow's though. Has he replaced someone specifically or just rotation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Current squad.

Krul
    Pantilimon

Davies
    Turner
    Fonte
    Coleman
    Terry

Nasri
    Bannan
    Hazard
    Bacuna
    Ramsey

Negredo
    Suárez
    Lukaku

Looking like time to get rid Pantilimon, and need some Utd coverage, currently 4.8 in the bank, but want to save some/most of that to bring back in Agüero when injury clears.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

I want to get Negredo in for Giroud but i think beefing up my midfield is a better option. Bye bye Brady

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Anyone know much about Norwich's Whittaker? He's £3.9m and has started the last three games, with Norwich becoming tighter at the back only conceding 1 goal. He has picked up 2 yellow's though. Has he replaced someone specifically or just rotation?

I think he has taken russell martins RB spot. His place to lose now it seems.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Current squad.

Krul
    Pantilimon

Davies
    Turner
    Fonte
    Coleman
    Terry

Nasri
    Bannan
    Hazard
    Bacuna
    Ramsey

Negredo
    Suárez
    Lukaku

Looking like time to get rid Pantilimon, and need some Utd coverage, currently 4.8 in the bank, but want to save some/most of that to bring back in Agüero when injury clears.

Any suggestions?

spend your money and worry about getting aguero back in when he is fit. He could be out for 8 of the remaining 21 Gws thats too long to be keeping money in the bank

Mig and Cabaye out for Krul and Silva. not sure if Silva is a panic transfer though as i have no City cover at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

He's replaced "Club Captain" Russell Martin at RB, whether it's permanent remains to be seen, especially over xmas. I'd be worrying every week to see if he'd start but that doesn't mean he won't.

Would be a handy option but you have to weigh it up with the potential risk of not playing.

I'm considering an 8 point hit, I think for the first time ever. May need to be talked out of it :)

Nasri, Coutinho & Vlaar OUT
    Yaya, Walcott & Olssen IN

oge2qb.jpg

Both Yaya and Walcott rise tonight. I could wait but then I would have under £4m to work with for a defender, and I want to bring someone from Norwich in as they rotate well with Chester from Hull. As my post above says, I could hold off and bring in Whittaker and Walcott this week, giving me £9.9 to bring in Yaya next week after the Liverpool game (assuming he doesn't rise by more than £0.2 this week). The there's also Silva. I have three options:

A.Take an 8 point hit now and do the transfers above, and risk Walcott getting injured on Monday. But I'll have Yaya and solid Norwich defensive coverage.
    B. Take a 4 point hit later this week and get Walcott in after Monday (when he's risen £0.1) and Whittaker who I have no idea will even play. Then get Yaya in next week as my FT if he hasn't risen past £9.9m.
    C. Wait until Monday, bring in Walcott as my FT and then look at Nasri to Silva with the following weeks FT (if he hasn't risen above £9.3 - he goes up tonight)

There are definite benefits to A despite the 8 point hit - Yaya is so dangerous and should outscore Nasri in the Liverpool game. I'm not even sure he's guaranteed to start with Silva back fit. And Ollsen should have his spot nailed down so less of a worry there than Whittaker. Only issue I would then have is being so happy with my team that the Jan wildcard almost becomes unneeded!

It's either A or C for me, I don't think I want Whittaker in the team. So it's either Silva or Yaya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He's replaced "Club Captain" Russell Martin at RB, whether it's permanent remains to be seen, especially over xmas. I'd be worrying every week to see if he'd start but that doesn't mean he won't.

Would be a handy option but you have to weigh it up with the potential risk of not playing.

Are you planning on choosing Norwich as your topic on Mastermind? :)

Please don't make me feel old by asking what Mastermind is

PARlance wrote: »
    Are you planning on choosing Norwich as your topic on Mastermind? :)

Please don't make me feel old by asking what Mastermind is

I'm more of a Pointless man myself, the most obscure player who's featured for Norwich this season you ask?

My answer is Josh Murphy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

dahat wrote: »
    Mig and Cabaye out for Krul and Silva. not sure if Silva is a panic transfer though as i have no City cover at all.

Cabaye out?

If he gets 2 bonus today it will make his total avg. per game exactly 5 points.

Hard to justify getting rid of that when Silva avgs about 6.3 points per game.

No other mids you could transfer out?

DJKendo wrote: »
    Cabaye out?

If he gets 2 bonus today it will make his total avg. per game exactly 5 points.

Hard to justify getting rid of that when Silva avgs about 6.3 points per game.

No other mids you could transfer out?

No as i dont want any major selection headaches, Bannan is my cheap mid, bench fodder.
    Hazard,Ozil,Ramsey are the other 3. Lack of City attacking cover does bother me so i may sit on Silva for a week.

If i get Krul,i will have alot of doubles in my team, not ideal but what can one do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

2z0c.png

bqKtMfu.png

This is really tempting... Can only afford it tonight too :(

Advise please!

If you can't afford Walcott otherwise I would do it. I have a bit of freedom with my transfers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Danger781 wrote: »

This is really tempting... Can only afford it tonight too :(

Advise please!

Ramsey -> Walcott. FT and money in the bank. And you can wait till Monday to see if it brings any injuries.

Clyne is a good option and will probably be back soon. Vlaar could be shipped out next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I think he has taken russell martins RB spot. His place to lose now it seems.

Martin has been carrying an ankle knock he'll be back for the next game. I wouldn't be so sure who's first choice at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

Oscar out Yaya in, already have Silva, and now I wont have any Chelsea cover... But cant watch Yaya rack up the points anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sessegnon out

Cabaye in

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Thinking Hazard out for Walcott/Ozil. On the other hand Hazard has Swansea at home next week.. Advice please?

• Advertisement

Rooney at 19% ownership only, bit off a slight differential fr me this week.

Rooney at 19% ownership only, bit off a slight differential fr me this week.

I'm amazed at the amount of people behind me in private leagues who didn't bring him in.

I think Moyes scourged people saying he was injured.

I have a choice. Mannone and Silva for Mignolet and Brady or Yaya and Chester for Brady and Terry.

I'm leaning to the first because I can see City destroying Liverpool tbh. They're unstoppable at home and Pool look far from steady at the back.

And after Liverpool City face Palace at home so City coverage will be essential.

I would go for the first one as well, although i have sold Terry there is good reason to keep him whereas Mignolet is a bloody disaster, got rid myself just there for Krul.

Sitting on a City move though as it means selling Cabaye and leaving me with a samey samey midfield of Hazard,Ozil,Ramsey and City mid.

Unless of course i sell Hazard.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Remy out, Berbatov in.

Like Fulham's next 3 fixtures and hope the knock won't keep him out next week.

And after Liverpool City face Palace at home so City coverage will be essential.

I would go for the first one as well, although i have sold Terry there is good reason to keep him whereas Mignolet is a bloody disaster, got rid myself just there for Krul.

Sitting on a City move though as it means selling Cabaye and leaving me with a samey samey midfield of Hazard,Ozil,Ramsey and City mid.

Unless of course i sell Hazard.....

Terry will be out on Stephens Day. That'll free up the cash for me to change Harper to Krul in the next GW. Then I'll have the following:

Krul Mannone
    Coleman Mertesacker Ward B. Turner Chester
    Hazard Ozil Ramsey Silva Morrisson
    Rooney Suarez Lukaku

Edit: transfer now done. First hit since GW7 but it was necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Forced move to get Welbeck out. Negredo in before his next rise

Lemlin wrote: »
    Terry will be out on Stephens Day. That'll free up the cash for me to change Harper to Krul in the next GW. Then I'll have the following:

Krul Mannone
    Coleman Mertesacker Ward B. Turner Chester
    Hazard Ozil Ramsey Silva Morrisson
    Rooney Suarez Lukaku

Are you not afraid that progress will stagnate if you end up with a samey samey team?
    Captain choice could dictate progress each week.

If i sell Distin and Hazard for Silva/Yaya and Arsenal defender in time for the Palace game i will end up like this

Krul Davis
    Gunner Coleman B.Turner Vlaar Olsson
    Silva/Yaya Ozil Ramsey Cabaye Bannan
    Rooney Lukaku Suarez

Like you i am left with room to sell Ozil for Walcott if needs be and room to upgrade Cabaye with around 9.0 after his sale.

Team will look very samey samey though which will be a massive problem after the Jan WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Is there any point in taking a 4 point hit to get Negredo in for Lukaku?

G1032 wrote: »

:eek:

What? Why? Absolutely not!

G1032 wrote: »

dont think so lukaku has 2 decent home games 3 days apart negredo has liverpool and then palace less than 48 hours later( a game I feel he could be rested for).

• Advertisement
Advertisement