Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 18 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    Are you not afraid that progress will stagnate if you end up with a samey samey team?
    Captain choice could dictate progress each week.

If i sell Distin and Hazard for Silva/Yaya and Arsenal defender in time for the Palace game i will end up like this

Krul Davis
    Gunner Coleman B.Turner Vlaar Olsson
    Silva/Yaya Ozil Ramsey Cabaye Bannan
    Rooney Lukaku Suarez

Like you i am left with room to sell Ozil for Walcott if needs be and room to upgrade Cabaye with around 9.0 after his sale.

Team will look very samey samey though which will be a massive problem after the Jan WC

I don't see having the same players as others as a problem. Different teams will always have their little quirks. For example, others might have Remy instead of Lukaku or Yaya instead of Silva. Alot of people don't seem to have Ozil anymore.

Also, there will always be injuries and suspensions to deal with.

My team value is a huge positive as well. Others couldn't afford the team I have. I could actually keep Terry and go for Marshall instead of Krul once I transfer Morrison out for some 4.4.

Team value is 110.7 million. I've at least 5 players going up tonight so will be over 111 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Augerio out rooney in. Was holding out to see if he was.actually injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

:eek:

What? Why? Absolutely not!

Sound.

dont think so lukaku has 2 decent home games 3 days apart negredo has liverpool and then palace less than 48 hours later( a game I feel he could be rested for).

I was just thinking of the Palace game and I'll only have Silva as City cover and won't have him at all if he gets booked against Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

G1032 wrote: »
    Sound.

Sorry I didn't mean anything untowards, it'd just be very risky swapping him out considering Lukaku's run of games and the fact he's been picking up points while not actually scoring goals. He's capable of a hat-trick at any time.

I brought him in this week because of the fear of not having him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I was just thinking of the Palace game and I'll only have Silva as City cover and won't have him at all if he gets booked against Liverpool

Deal with a Silva booking IF it happens. There were lads on here full sure he'll pick one up whereas I would be very surprised if he does.
    With Aguero out, he'll have been well warned to avoid one. It'll be hard for him to cope without the crunching tackle element of his game I will admit ;)

Sorry I didn't mean anything untowards, it'd just be very risky swapping him out considering Lukaku's run of games and the fact he's been picking up points while not actually scoring goals. He's capable of a hat-trick at any time.

I brought him in this week because of the fear of not having him.
    Sorry. I know you didn't mean anything. I'm on the phone and can't do multi quote so just said sound to your post. As in sound, thanks!!
    I'm just so afraid of no City cover for Palace but I just thought there if Silva is suspended I'll just sell Walcott for Yaya for week. I need to have a proper look now to see what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im going to see what way city line up against liverpool and if dzeko doesnt start I'll bring him in for the palace game. I think against liverpool city will play a front 6 of
    Yaya fernandinho
    navas silva nasri
    negredo.
    If so Id say dzeko will start the palace game and negredo might not.
    I currently have no city players and its scary.

Sorry. I know you didn't mean anything. I'm on the phone and can't do multi quote so just said sound to your post. As in sound, thanks!!
    I'm just so afraid of no City cover for Palace but I just thought there if Silva is suspended I'll just sell Walcott for Yaya for week. I need to have a proper look now to see what to do

Haha well my reply came across quite curt when I read it back :pac:

I have Silva myself so it's a problem I could end up facing myself, who knows really. I'd wait until the 27th to take the hit though when we have a better idea of who'll play. Liverpool may not fold too much.

• Advertisement

Im going to see what way city line up against liverpool and if dzeko doesnt start I'll bring him in for the palace game. I think against liverpool city will play a front 6 of
    Yaya fernandinho
    navas silva nasri
    negredo.
    If so Id say dzeko will start the palace game.
    And bring in Dzeko for who?

And bring in Dzeko for who?

Rooney more than likely.

Rooney more than likely.

Hmmmm. No way am I selling Rooney. Five goals, seven assists and 15 bonus in the last 9 GWs and he was suspended for one of them. Dzeko would be tempting but it'd have to be Lukaku I let go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Must remember this, quite likely he may get a tactical booking i'd say.

Ya. He just might. Ah, I'll deal with that problem if and when it arises. Probably best way to go now.

Hmmmm. No way am I selling Rooney. Five goals, seven assists and 15 bonus in the last 9 GWs and he was suspended for one of them. Dzeko would be tempting but it'd have to be Lukaku I let go.

Its rooney or lukaku out for me if I get dzeko in. I have lukaku since he was 7.4 and will definetly want him back so for that reason it would have to be rooney.

• Advertisement

I just can't wait for the January WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Provided he gets through tomorrow unscathed, Walcott will be in for Sess. I don't know whether to stick with Koscielny or not. It seems like he'll be back soon but if not, Evans can replace him.

Ravel Morrison will just have to stay until January. Yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Provided he gets through tomorrow unscathed, Walcott will be in for Sess. I don't know whether to stick with Koscielny or not. It seems like he'll be back soon but if not, Evans can replace him.

I'd be v surprised if anything happens to Walcott tomorrow

KevIRL wrote: »
    I'd be v surprised if anything happens to Walcott tomorrow

Same here but last week's Rooneygate shenanigans are very fresh in my mind. I can absorb a 0.1 rise if needs be.

Think ill do bannan to sterling.

• Advertisement

Same here but last week's Rooneygate shenanigans are very fresh in my mind. I can absorb a 0.1 rise if needs be.

He'd be surprised because Walcott plays on Monday........

Haha well my reply came across quite curt when I read it back :pac:

I have Silva myself so it's a problem I could end up facing myself, who knows really. I'd wait until the 27th to take the hit though when we have a better idea of who'll play. Liverpool may not fold too much.

They may not but this is City we're talking about. They've obliterated United, Spurs and Arsenal at the Etihad.

Look at the amount of chances Liverpool gave Everton. Everton scored 3 and Mig still got three save points!

City will put those away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »

Must ignore this logic you speak of as i would need a hit to cover City...I was all set to go clean this week!

They may not but this is City we're talking about. They've obliterated United, Spurs and Arsenal at the Etihad.

Look at the amount of chances Liverpool gave Everton. Everton scored 3 and Mig still got three save points!

Oh I'm not arguing against that at all, I'm just saying I'll tale my City points via Silva if I can and hope for the best.

He'd be surprised because Walcott plays on Monday........

Umm.....err....he could still get injured in training tomorrow. That's what I meant. *nods assertively*

I think it will be a high scoring game 4 2 to city would be my prediction, the two top scoring teams in the league both with dodgy defences. I'll be going into it without city attacking coverage:eek:

I think it will be a high scoring game 4 2 to city would be my prediction, the two top scoring teams in the league both with dodgy defences. I'll be going into it without city attacking coverage:eek:

I agree. I'm still going Suarez captain. I had been told at the start of the season that Pellegrini was attack minded and City's defence would suffer and it appears my friend was right.

Crazy man, Crazy!!

As a Silva owner I'd love if it was a case of him getting a tactical booking rather than finding out he was rested for that game.

His slate is clean at the end of the calendar year.

If there was ever going to be a "tactical" booking it would have been in the cup so he'd miss Fulham and be available for Liverpool....

Getting a card against Liverpool to ensure he is suspended to play Palace... Would mean that the tactic is to ensure they have him available for the mighty Swansea.....doesn't make a lot of sense.

Doesn't make sense because they could just rest him against palace rather than making sure he gets a yellow late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

This tactical booking thing is being a bit overplayed surely. He has to make it to Dec 31 - he would probably take his chances....

• Advertisement

Markx wrote: »
    This tactical booking thing is being a bit overplayed surely. He has to make it to Dec 31 - he would probably take his chances....

It makes no sense at all.

The only reason he would be asked to pick up a tactical booking against Pool would be if Pellegrini was afraid to drop him for the Palace game and wanted the suspension as cover.

Pellegrini...the lad who dropped the England Keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

So, to bring the "Gameweek 18 Transfers" thread back to the topic I have to transfer in a goalkeeper. Have Mignolet and Pantilimon - one has nasty fixtures in front of him, and Pantilimon was dropped today. Would love to get Howard in, given their next fixtures. The only problem is I am short 0.2 to transfer him in for Pantilimon. Mignolet will have to go, and I will be left with only one playing keeper. Anyone else worth bringing in?
    Having Howard only will save me the hassle of choosing keeper for 3 or more weeks. Good idea, or not?
    Neither of them is dropping/rising tonight, so will definitely wait with this transfer for as long as I can:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Marshall (CAR) for Pantilimon. Gives you SOU, SUN, HUL, WHU, AST (all home) over next 5 GWs when rotated with Mignolet.

Benimar wrote: »
    Marshall (CAR) for Pantilimon. Gives you SOU, SUN, HUL, WHU, AST (all home) over next 5 GWs when rotated with Mignolet.

Good thinking there, the only problem is I don't trust Cardiff at all (but I probably should) - but will definitely consider this. Could be a masterplan, and Howard in next week for Mignolet, if no injuries occur. Thanks.

wonski wrote: »
    Good thinking there, the only problem is I don't trust Cardiff at all (but I probably should) - but will definitely consider this. Could be a masterplan, and Howard in next week for Mignolet, if no injuries occur. Thanks.

Damn it, Marshall going up soon, Marshall going in:D I can't believe I just brought in Cardiff keeper instead of Howard. I hope it works out ok, and I don't have to check the prices, and can safely log off from FPL for few days. Thanks Benimar, but i will hunt you down if he gets red card after conceeding 6 goals next week;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Damn it, Marshall going up soon, Marshall going in:D I can't believe I just brought in Cardiff keeper instead of Howard. I hope it works out ok, and I don't have to check the prices, and can safely log off from FPL for few days. Thanks Benimar, but i will hunt you down if he gets red card after conceeding 6 goals next week;)

Just done the same move, wasnt in the plans but .1 short of Krul so was marshal or manone to get me to Jan wildcard

skippy15 wrote: »
    Just done the same move, wasnt in the plans but .1 short of Krul so was marshal or manone to get me to Jan wildcard

Looking at his points history, this can work. I didn't even know of him before.
    He looks like his price might go up, so there is more players gambling with Cardiff defence. We are talking 900 - 1000 figures here, but a rise is a rise - i will take it.
    148519 people can't be wrong:D

Hull City and Sunderland seem to rotate fairly well. That 'keeper combination would only cost 8.6. Mannone at 4.2 and McGregor at 4.4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hull City and Sunderland seem to rotate fairly well. That 'keeper combination would only cost 8.6. Mannone at 4.2 and McGregor at 4.4.
    Sunderland have tightened up over Poyet thus far, but I just don't know if I'd trust them to hold up their end of the bargain in that combination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

I was contemplating Mignolet to Ruddy (I know!), my other keeper being Kelvin Davis. I'm under no pressure price changes wise tho and may just save the transfer. Mignolet may not keep a clean sheet against city, but I'd wager he'll get save points. On this basis I think I'll bank my transfer, have 2 FT for GW19 and watch Mignolet earn his wages with a beer or three :)

This would cost me 8.6 (or earned me 1 or 2m), and -4 in points and I would never take a hit for a keeper, unless both were out. Already pulled the trigger, I love this time of the year when the games are every few days. If i had one of the players you suggested, that would be a perfect solution. In Cardiff I trust now.

This would cost me 8.6 (or earned me 1 or 2m), and -4 in points and I would never take a hit for a keeper, unless both were out. Already pulled the trigger, I love this time of the year when the games are every few days. If i had one of the players you suggested, that would be a perfect solution. In Cardiff I trust now.

I reckon I might go with that combo. It would mean I could swap Morrisson for somebody 4.7 or lower so could get Redmond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Ravel Morrison will just have to stay until January. Yay.

I know his returns haven't been great recently but I still think Ravel is a decent cheap option. Plays 90 minutes and while he hasn't had attacking returns for a while he is still likely to pick up some goals/assists in the future. West ham have had tricky fixtures recently also.

There aren't too many better cheap options imo. Januzaj is probably a better option, but for a cheapie I like to be certain he will start. Morrision is more assured of 90 minutes. With my January wildcard I will consider the switch though. If Sterling continues to get gametime he'll be another option.

No transfers for me this week. Need to get rid of Myhill now that Foster is back but will be playing Marshall this week anyway.

I see Clint Dempsey could be re-joining Fulham for the MLS off season. Will he be listed as a midfielder or striker? Would be a good option if the former and in and around the 8m price range.

Edit - Just seen in another thread that Dempsey is already there from Spurs at the start of the season. 7.5m midfielder. Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

8 point hit done, silly me :)

Vlaar, Clyne, Oviedo OUT

Ward, Chester, Walcott IN

Opinions please.

6.5m for 5th midfielder.

Think its between Cabaye and Lallana. Anyone else worth consideration?

For anyone watching Spurs earlier, how did Sig play today? He won't be brought in but I'd be interested to see if he gets his start over next few GW's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Don't remember much from Sigurddson, think he scuffed a good chance wide first half.

Lallana was really excellent today, could have had more assists if So'ton had better strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

Could anyone recommend a budget goalkeeper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

davedfc wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a budget goalkeeper?

Mannone, and he'll play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

Thanks good shout and not too bad upcoming fixtures aswell for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Are people still taking on Gabbidon? I see a drop on Total, but is that just panic sales?

• Advertisement
Advertisement