Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 18 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Walcott in for Brady. Probably Walcott to Silva next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Baines is back so I've dropped Oviedo for Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Have tried to move away from the template team that seemed to be a staple in my work league. Although I've probably just moved onto the next one. But the players have a lower ownership.

Ozil out and Walcott in. Nasri out and Silva in. JWP out and Januzaj in. Agüero out and Rooney in.

Done over 2 weeks so just the one 4 point hit this week. Hoping Ozil will be rested this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

8 pt hit being lined up
    ozil, rooney, bannan out
    silva, walcott, ade in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

8 pt hit being lined up
    ozil, rooney, bannan out
    silva, walcott, ade in.
    This is not a week to get rid of Rooney.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    This is not a week to get rid of Rooney.
    I know its more to raise funds to get walcott and silva two players I want long term. Not sold on it yet and could do ozil to silva and bannan to barkley instead.
    Rooneys a bit too deep for me liking and rvp is supposedly nearing a comeback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

If I was getting rid of Ozil for anyone at the minute I honestly think it'd be Cabaye. He's on a serious run and it doesn't look like stopping.

I wouldn't get rid of Rooney myself but I can't criticise the players you are bringing in.

I took a 4 point hit to get Silva in. I think next on my chopping block is Ozil.

Lemlin wrote: »
    If I was getting rid of Ozil for anyone at the minute I honestly think it'd be Cabaye. He's on a serious run and it doesn't look like stopping.

I wouldn't get rid of Rooney myself but I can't criticise the players you are bringing in.

I took a 4 point hit to get Silva in. I think next on my chopping block is Ozil.

im .1 short of ozil to silva and bannan to cabaye that was my initial plan:mad:

im .1 short of ozil to silva and bannan to cabaye that was my initial plan:mad:

That's the problem with holding off sometimes. I did my transfer Saturday evening because Silva was due to go up and Mannone was getting close.

It's good I took a hit this GW took because the FFS Cup takes a break until next GW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Any thoughts on a good midfielder to bring in this week? I'll probably take the opportunity to ditch Nasri but struggling to think of a top-notch replacement for 9.6. (Just less than Toure's 9.8 :mad:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Reekwind wrote: »
    Any thoughts on a good midfielder to bring in this week? I'll probably take the opportunity to ditch Nasri but struggling to think of a top-notch replacement for 9.6. (Just less than Toure's 9.8 :mad:)

Silva, has everything you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

8 point hit taken and I am happy with it:

In: Adebayor, Silva and Whittingham
    Out: Lukaku, Nasri and Brady

I know Lukaku has what you'd think is a tasty fixture this week, but IMO he has looked awful in the last 3/4 games, and nothing makes me think the goals are gonna flow again. (Queue a hat trick Thursday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ramsey to Cabaye slightly tempting. He's no longer in the form of his life, fair chance I'd shift him in WC in January. Will leave it till next week as no more hits for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Morrison out, Cabaye in, not going to do anything else with the wildcard coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

SantryRed wrote: »
    8 point hit taken and I am happy with it:

In: Adebayor, Silva and Whittingham
    Out: Lukaku, Nasri and Brady

I know Lukaku has what you'd think is a tasty fixture this week, but IMO he has looked awful in the last 3/4 games, and nothing makes me think the goals are gonna flow again. (Queue a hat trick Thursday)

I think it's more so he hasn't been getting the service rather than him being awful. He's been dropping deeper lately too. It's not like he's been wasteful. I was tempted to drop him but I think it's one that could come back to bite me given Everton's fixtures. And with injuries to their other forwards he has to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Holding off on transfer until 26th in case weather disrupts any matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

just did Lukaku out, Adebayor in. Hoping it works out over the remainder of the season. With sherwood in now, and Adebayor recalled, his confidence should be restored and I think he has every chance of out scoring Lukaku over the rest of the season.

Lukaku will score goals no doubt. Hoping he doesn't lash in 2 or 3 against Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wouldn't have dropped Lukaku ahead of a home game against Sunderland, especially as Brown is suspended and O'Shea likely out, meaning Roberge and Diakite will be the center back partnership which will be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

should i keep Sterling or Januzaj on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Paully D wrote: »
    I wouldn't have dropped Lukaku ahead of a home game against Sunderland, especially as Brown is suspended and O'Shea likely out, meaning Roberge and Diakite will be the center back partnership which will be a disaster.
    like i said I think adebayor has every chance of getting more points over the remainder of the season than lukaku.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Was hoping to do Mignolet -> Howard this week as fancy a lot of clean sheets for Everton over the next while, however seeing the game last night looks like Oscar out may be a more crucial move. Had hoped he'd be straight back in after his injury. What do people reckon? Is he gonna regain his spot this week? Could upgrade him to David Silva

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Was hoping to do Mignolet -> Howard this week as fancy a lot of clean sheets for Everton over the next while, however seeing the game last night looks like Oscar out may be a more crucial move. Had hoped he'd be straight back in after his injury. What do people reckon? Is he gonna regain his spot this week? Could upgrade him to David Silva

Chelsea are home to Swansea and then Liverpool. I'd expect the likes of Oscar and Schurrle to be recalled for the Swansea game to allow Hazard and others that played last night a rest ahead of the Liverpool game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

No chance I would get rid of Lukaku before a home game against Sunderland, he's one of the few strikers in the PL that are capable of hat-tricks.

Hopefully Nasri & Hazard play, won't be a happy bunny if they are both rested. Don't think I'm willing to swap Nasri out for Silva at a 4 point hit, will do that transfer for free after the Boxing Day games.

roryc wrote: »
    No chance I would get rid of Lukaku before a home game against Sunderland, he's one of the few strikers in the PL that are capable of hat-tricks.

Hopefully Nasri & Hazard play, won't be a happy bunny if they are both rested. Don't think I'm willing to swap Nasri out for Silva at a 4 point hit, will do that transfer for free after the Boxing Day games.
    I'm seeing lots and lots of talk of Hazard rested. I can think of some obvious reasons for this logic. Can you tell me any less obvious ones that may not have already occurred to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Lukaku out Adebayor in.

Knowing my luck Lukaku will score 3 against Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

To play januzai away to hull or Oviedo home to Sunderland? Oviedo might be dropped with baines back?

gar wrote: »
    To play januzai away to hull or Oviedo home to Sunderland? Oviedo might be dropped with baines back?
    He will be, so save yourself the possible 1 point. Not that Januzaj is nailed onto start either but the chances are certainly higher

CSF wrote: »
    I'm seeing lots and lots of talk of Hazard rested. I can think of some obvious reasons for this logic. Can you tell me any less obvious ones that may not have already occurred to me?

He didn't play well last night and looked tired, based on that alone I think he's likely to be rested. Chelsea are spoiled for choice in midfield. As are City, especially with Silva back.

He didn't play well last night and looked tired, based on that alone I think he's likely to be rested. Chelsea are spoiled for choice in midfield. As are City, especially with Silva back.
    Yeah, I'm reluctant to take Hazard out, mostly because I got him at 9 million, and he will be scoring points again soon. I would like to have Walcott this week but I'm just going to have to do without.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

was going to double on everton defenders and bring distin in for vlaar along with coleman who i've had from the start but i see distin has changed to 75% likely to play.

not risking my transfer on a doubtful player and i don't want to be checking for team news tomorrow/stephens day morning so just did adebayor in for giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

HighClass wrote: »
    Lukaku will score 3 against Sunderland.

you're damn right he will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Whittingham in, Morrison out. I think the Ravel ship has sailed, he has looked pretty ordinary whenever I've seen him play.

I now have a midfield of Whittingham, Ramsey, Yaya, Theo and Hazard. Contemplating dropping Hazard for GW 19(LivH) as Whittingham is at home to Sunderland.

No more hits for a while after the -16 last week.

ozil and bannan out walcott and cabaye in. No city coverage for this gw. Will be getting 2 city attacking players in for the palace game.

BNMC wrote: »
    Whittingham in, Morrison out. I think the Ravel ship has sailed, he has looked pretty ordinary whenever I've seen him play.

I now have a midfield of Whittingham, Ramsey, Yaya, Theo and Hazard. Contemplating dropping Hazard for GW 19(LivH) as Whittingham is at home to Sunderland.

No more hits for a while after the -16 last week.
    I reckon Morrison will pop up with the odd goal out of nowhere without any real inconsistency, which is why I'm just going to keep him and hope the weeks I need him to play are those weeks. He'll be benched most weeks.

Just realised Chamakh is suspended for the Boxing Day game. Palace have only scored 4 goals in their last 5 games - Chamakh bagging 3 of those. And in the 5 games before that they managed a total of just two goals! They are the Stoke of previous seasons.

Tomorrow they face Villa (away) who are surely favourite to keep a clean sheet with no Chamakh on the pitch. Think I'll stick Vlaar in at the back. He went down in price last night so the least he can do is repay me with a Christmas 6 pointer! Only issue being he's injured and unlikely to play, although this article gives some hope - http://news.rotowire.com/Ron-Vlaar-googid20414-spsoccer.htm

He should either start or not feature at all, can't see him coming on for a cameo. I'll have Gabbidon as first sub anyway, and with no Benteke this has 0-0 written all over it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I can see Ozil starting on the bench, maybe Giroud too.

Brought Coleman in after i stupidly sold him at 5.5m a few months ago....not sure if i'll keep long term but cant risk losing any more pts to him over this period. Also have Distin who is doubtful but I'll start him and have Whittaker first sub who has 2 CS's in 3 games and almost scored in one of those matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Brady out
    Januzaj in.

Midfield is now Ramsey, Ozil, Yaya, Whittingham & Januzaj.

Happy enough with this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Just realised Chamakh is suspended for the Boxing Day game. Palace have only scored 4 goals in their last 5 games - Chamakh bagging 3 of those. And in the 5 games before that they managed a total of just two goals! They are the Stoke of previous seasons.

Tomorrow they face Villa (away) who are surely favourite to keep a clean sheet with no Chamakh on the pitch. Think I'll stick Vlaar in at the back. He went down in price last night so the least he can do is repay me with a Christmas 6 pointer! Only issue being he's injured and unlikely to play, although this article gives some hope - http://news.rotowire.com/Ron-Vlaar-googid20414-spsoccer.htm

He should either start or not feature at all, can't see him coming on for a cameo. I'll have Gabbidon as first sub anyway, and with no Benteke this has 0-0 written all over it!

Have Ward as me first sub so I hope for a 0-0 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Nasri out for Walcott. Walcott is one of those frustrating players that scores big in one game and then does nothing for a month, but I like the look of his 3 away fixtures coming up, he can stretch all the defences he will face in those games and is coming in relatively fresh for the congested fixtures. Will do Hazard (another streaky boll*x) to Silva next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Need Mannone to hold out for a rise tonight. Planning on Vorm to him after the deadline tomorrow but would like the .1 for the wildcard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Wasn't going to make a transfer but thinking of Hazard to Walcott. Have no Arsenal attacking cover and maybe Hazard will be a sub tomorrow.

I'm confident of getting this wrong whether I do or don't........ :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Any info on distin injury?

Any info on distin injury?

Read a few reports saying he would be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Why are you thinking about replacing Fonte with Lovren?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

The last option sounds like the most solid.

Vlaar may be back tomorrow at home against the weakest attack in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Ramsey Out, Walcott in.
    Or,
    Morrison out, Cabaye in.

I would like to get Walcott in, but slightly afraid to take Ramsey out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Not getting this Walcott buzz at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement