Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This could be messi

• 21-12-2013 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

Reports from Spain suggesting Messi could be on his way out from Barca.
    Reading through the below article he gave interview saying one of the hierarchy knows nothing about football..(nothing new there)
    also it suggests he is upset about Neymar getting all the attention.

What do you think?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/messis-future-at-barca-in-doubt-29857377.html

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think it's a slow news day so the media are blowing up some comments made by a big player, right in time for the transfer window paper sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's one guy he has a problem with who sounds like a bit of a fool.
    He's going nowhere.
    The director he has a problem with on the other hand.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I can't see him ever leaving Barca. He also never struck me as the type to get all stuck-up when some new lad gets the attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

can't really see him leaving either.
    No player is bigger than the club though. Making comments about the guys in charge can have a negative impact though. They want to show who's boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I can't see him ever leaving Barca. He also never struck me as the type to get all stuck-up when some new lad gets the attention.

Not just you ask Zlatan and Pep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,575 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He is someone we don't really know that much about though. All we really know is that he is quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

This is uncharted territory for Messi. He's always been the star man in the most successful team. If Barca aren't that, or there or there abouts, he may want out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

In a true football saying "At the end of the day" it will all comes down to money. Messi and his father are seeing the Spainish government go after their tax affairs. If they feel their money is going to be taken I think he would leave in a heartbeat.

actually hadn't thought of that Agent but you're right. Barca are under investigation.
    Hope he hates Aguero otherwise City will have some attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Wellbeck, Messi and Valencia, an attack for the ages...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd welcome him to London in a heartbeat. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd welcome him to London in a heartbeat. :pac:

Ye'd only turn him into Torres 2.o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

GTR63 wrote: »
    Not just you ask Zlatan and Pep.

Yeah, i'd say he was mad jealous of the stunning displays Zlatan put in for Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ye'd only turn him into Torres 2.o

Wouldnt happen to the best player in the world.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Wouldnt happen to the best player in the world.

leave Suarez out of this, You can't have him Gav!

Yeah, i'd say he was mad jealous of the stunning displays Zlatan put in for Barca.

No he was more of a jealous girlfriend type when he briefly wasn't playing in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

He's not going anywhere. Nice news for some people to dream a little though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Really? He gets in a strop if he gets subbed or rested

GTR63 wrote: »
    No he was more of a jealous girlfriend type when he briefly wasn't playing in the middle.

He didn't appear too jealous when he played out of his skin to try to help Ibra get on the score sheet against Zaragoza to end his dry spell. Ibra couldn't hit a barn door that day so Messi wins a penalty and lets Ibra have it.

"I left the penalty to Ibra because he needed to score to break his slump," shrugged Messi. "It was important for him and also for the team to see him scoring again."

I knew he was done at Barca then. His ego couldn't handle that.

kryogen wrote: »
    Really? He gets in a strop if he gets subbed or rested

The two are in no way connected.

• Advertisement

The two are in no way connected.

They do point to a certain personality trait actually

Refusing to speak to and sulking with your coach (for days!) if he has the cheek to withdraw you in a game speaks to a pretty egotistical, self centred person

Jealousy is the personality trait you are trying to extract from that. I don't see it. It's a massive leap to go from one to the other.

Jealousy is the personality trait you are trying to extract from that. I don't see it. It's a massive leap to go from one to the other.

I edited so it would be clearer, self centred, egotistical etc

He also has plenty of traits to suggest otherwise

I don't think he is feeling threatened or jealous of Neymar for the record, just saying its possible.

Refusing to speak to and sulking with your coach (for days!) if he has the cheek to withdraw you in a game speaks to a pretty egotistical, self centred person

I only recall that happening once, he definitely looked miserable leading up to the Champs League final when he was dropped. I don't recall him being particularly stroppy over being dropped or subbed any other time, a bit of a sour puss alright but he wants to play.

Anyways, where did you get your info about him not talking to Pep for days?

I only recall that happening once, he definitely looked miserable leading up to the Champs League final when he was dropped. I don't recall him being particularly stroppy over being dropped or subbed any other time, a bit of a sour puss alright but he wants to play.

Anyways, where did you get your info about him not talking to Pep for days?

Im on the mobile so its far too much trouble to go linking stuff, just google it :)

Im on the mobile so its far too much trouble to go linking stuff, just google it :)

Can't be arsed, it's either Balague (who you know is a clown) or some Spanish tabloid...

Not saying he always "plays with a smile on his face" as the awful Sky commentary team used to try to convince us - he looks a moody sod actually. Just don't think he's the type to actively not want star attractions to join the team, as some have suggested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He's no Ashley Young

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

He didn't appear too jealous when he played out of his skin to try to help Ibra get on the score sheet against Zaragoza to end his dry spell. Ibra couldn't hit a barn door that day so Messi wins a penalty and lets Ibra have it.

"I left the penalty to Ibra because he needed to score to break his slump," shrugged Messi. "It was important for him and also for the team to see him scoring again."

In fairness, he was that good in that game that a penalty was too easy. He could've scored if he took a goal kick. Even the penalty he gave to Zlatan was at the end of a stupendous dribble.

I knew he was done at Barca then. His ego couldn't handle that.

He knew it too. Not questioning Messi's ability but him pouting being subbed or intentionally not talking to his manager makes him look like a pure patta(spelling?).

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    In fairness, he was that good in that game that a penalty was too easy. He could've scored if he took a goal kick. Even the penalty he gave to Zlatan was at the end of a stupendous dribble.

Yeah, he was outrageously good that day.

Advertisement