Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick since I quit!

Options
  • 21-12-2013 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I dont know about anyone else but since I quit 4 weeks ago ive have never been as sick as I am - literally one infection after another. Been taking antibiotics for around 3 weeks between chest infections, ear infections and now a lovely dose of tonsilitis!!

Has anyone else found the same happened to them? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Yhea, caught every cold, sore throat for about 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah it happens
    Probably a side effect of withdrawal
    When I smoked my doctor told me kicking heroin would be easier
    Never having done heroin I don't know but quitting smokes was tough
    Keep going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

didnt happen to me ive been off them 11 months now after 20 years, feel much better for it to be honest.
    you must be run down

• Site Banned Posts: 53 ✭✭Cuddled

I dont know about anyone else but since I quit 4 weeks ago ive have never been as sick as I am - literally one infection after another. Been taking antibiotics for around 3 weeks between chest infections, ear infections and now a lovely dose of tonsilitis!!

Has anyone else found the same happened to them? :confused:

You need to feed yourself up especially in this weather. Dose yourself with Eddie Rockets to build yourself up

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭caitrionaanne

Thanks all! Its getting a bit riciducolous now with all the illnesses in getting one after the other in short space of time! Ill be hopeful it will get better as i go along!!
    firestarter51 - I think I may be slightly run down so been taking some supplements. When they kick in, it should improve I hope!

Well done to all of you for keeping off those evil cigarettes!! As gimli2112 said, it is so tough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Cuddled wrote: »
    You need to feed yourself up especially in this weather. Dose yourself with Eddie Rockets to build yourself up
    No recession in your house :P

OP that's completely normal. How's your sleep? I quit recently and haven't had a full nights sleep in six weeks :( It's getting better though. Instead of waking up every hour, I now only wake up twice a night :rolleyes: Vivid dreams can also be common. I've quit before though so I knew what to expect and even though it's s sh!t time, I'm determined to push through it.

My record is six months off them but this time I want to quit for good. Going home today and this will be a real test. My mother and three of my siblings smoke and my mother allows smoking in the house :(

Advertisement