Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 radiator not working - Advice needed

• 21-12-2013 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭

Hi, I turned off one rad in the summer, I switched it back on a while back but I am getting no heat from it at all now and pipes going in and out of it are cold too.I had a Google and see that it could be a pin stuck down. I assume its within this fitting below,my question is,if anyone is familiar with this particular rad would they be able to tell me how to access it.I assume I need to unscrew it half way down and the fitting will come off but I just would like to make sure beforehand. Also would there be a need to turn off the water to do this? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 donedl1

Turn the silver nut that connects the head anti-clockwise and then check if the pin moves freely up and down, also open up the other valve of the radiator if need be. You could also turn off a few rads with the trvs to push the heat through. You don`t need to turn the water off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

donedl1 wrote: »
    Turn the silver nut that connects the head anti-clockwise and then check if the pin moves freely up and down, also open up the other side if need be. You could also turn off a few rads with the trvs to push the heat through. You don`t need to turn the water off.

Thanks, I'll try that now.

Between tapping the valve to try loosen it and opening up the other valve I managed to get it working.Seems to be stuck on full heat as the pin won't go down easily.Also I'm getting the tiniest leak of water out of the valve now. Think it's time for a new valve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Between tapping the valve to try loosen it and opening up the other valve I managed to get it working.Seems to be stuck on full heat as the pin won't go down easily.Also I'm getting the tiniest leak of water out of the valve now. Think it's time for a new valve.

Think its time you stopped tapping the valve!!

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Think its time you stopped tapping the valve!!

When I say tapping I mean lightly like in this video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I love when he says... "the trusty hammer". :D
    I would dread to think what else he repairs with his "trusty" hammer.

Advertisement