Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents neighbour

Options
  • 21-12-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Has a long electrical cable running from their outside meter box to their garden shed where they have a large generator and a sausage cutting machine (they run a butchers)
    Since they installed it,by an electrician,the lights in my parents house dim an flicker.
    My parents called esb and they monitered the usage on my parents electricity for a few days,but haven't heard a thing back.
    Just wondering now,obviously the new connection the neighbour put in is to blame but what can my parents do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Can you video the diming and flickering? Also note the times. It may align with their working hours.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

My parents called esb and they monitered the usage on my parents electricity for a few days,but haven't heard a thing back

Wait until you hear back from the ESB.
    They know hat they are doing.
    obviously the new connection the neighbour put in is to blame

You don't know that, you are assuming that to be the case. All you do know is that the events coincide.

What ever the cause of your parents lights dimming is you can be sure that the ESB will find it. As you may have heard on the news they are a little stretched at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

2011 wrote: »
    Wait until you hear back from the ESB.
    They know hat they are doing.

I am aware they are busy at the moment, we called them out and they monitered it at the start of summer.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

obviously the new connection the neighbour put in is to blame but what can my parents do

it sounds like they may have taken a supply from the cabinet location...
    technically it's not allowed and the equipment in use may or may not affect your supply

you can mention this but your dealings are with ESBN...not your neighbour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

beauf wrote: »
    Can you video the diming and flickering? Also note the times. It may align with their working hours.

he doesn't need to bother with that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I am aware they are busy at the moment, we called them out and they monitered it at the start of summer.
    Thank you

Form your initial post I assumed that the ESB carried out this exercise recently.
    Seeing as though it was so long ago I am surprised that they did not contact your parents.

Why not follow it up with a phone call?

Advertisement