Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 KPI and customer metrics

Options
  • 21-12-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi BOI
    As we are coming to the end of 2013, I was wondering if BOI will be publishing some of your results on downtime of services to customers in 2013 V 2012. 
    Now as we pay for all services the bank provides, would be great for customers to see and easy and quick summary of how the payment for services is delivering improvements for us. 

A few quick ones I can think of 
    1. Number of hours/days services were offline to customers due to faults
    2. Number of hours/days services were offline due to schedule maintenance 
    3. Number of hours/days when 365online was not available to customers. 

This way as customers we could get a nice easy summary of how well BOI is working for us. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Northwestramble, 

Thanks for posting. 

Bank of Ireland had very few service issues throughout the year, most of them minor and most for very short periods. During these times, customer always had other options available. 

We will be unable to discuss this in any greater details on a public forum.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

Hi Billy
    Ah I see, that is a shame. I thought that under the Consumer Act of 2007 BOI would have to provide this information, as the Act outlined that [font=Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Verdana]Consumers are entitled to information which protects them from false claims about goods, services and prices. [/font]

If BOI is not able to give this information, to support the claim, how then can Consumers be sure that the information is accurate. Would it be possible to get a reason why the consumer Act of 2007 does not apply in this case? 

Hi northwestramble, 

Thanks for your post. 

From a practical perspective, the information would not be available yet as there are still a number of days left in 2013. I would not be familiar with the specifics of the act you mention however we will pass it on to our Communicaltions/Legal Team for review. 

Thanks

Billy

Hi northwestramble, 

Thanks for your post. 

From a practical perspective, the information would not be available yet as there are still a number of days left in 2013. I would not be familiar with the specifics of the act you mention however we will pass it on to our Communicaltions/Legal Team for review. 

Thanks

Billy
    Thanks Billy, no problem at all, I understand it is not the run of the mill query. As all banks are now moving to more automated methods, which by the way I do like, I now like to factor in which bank gives the best automates service and value for money. 

In the past was not much of an issue, but with recent events it has made me more aware of just what level of IT services Banks are providing for the services I pay for as a consumer.

With BOI actively encouraging me and others to use the automated services, I think having some good idea of what I can expect from the service would be very helpful.  

I look forward to hearing clarification from the legal team. It may be that BOI just did not take this into consideration as a requirement when moving to automated customer services, that they would have to provide metrics to customers to support information on how well their services are running, or it could be that I have got it wrong on what consumer law entitled consumers to. 

Would like to wish you and all the team there in BOI a very Happy Christmas. Always great service provided on here.

Hi northwestramble,

Thanks for the kind words.

Happy Christmas and enjoy the holidays. 

Billy

• Advertisement

Hi Billy
    Happy new year, hope you had a great holiday. Just wondering if you had any update from the Legal team about my enquiry. 

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi northwestramble, [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Many happy returns.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We've had a response to your query:[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]"[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Bank of Ireland does not publish its IT availability statistics, however I can confirm that the Bank had exceptionally high levels of service across all our customer-facing channels throughout 2013. The Bank is fully compliant in this regard, however, please be assured that I have passed your earlier suggestion to the relevant team in the Bank for consideration."[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Billy[/font]

Hi Billy 
    Thank you for that, did they give a reason why not? I am just wondering if I should follow up with the regulator. It seems strange not to give a simple stat on up time to consumers, especially as we have to use the online service all the time, and so now a key factor on the choice a consumer has to factor in. 
    As a consumer I cannot make an informed decision about how honest  the claim is. I am not disputing that it is not, just to get the facts to support that claim as outlined in the consumer act that it appears one is entitled to. It appears the bank legal department feel the consumer act does not apply to Bank of Ireland in this case.
    If you like, I can take it offline and contact them directly, do you have contact details that I can follow up with so I can understand the legal basis that the bank does not have to provide the information. 

Hi northwestramble,

We have been advised that your suggestion has been noted. My previous response contains all the information we were given.

If this is not sufficient for you at this time, please feel free to follow it up independently.

Thanks

Billy

I often wonder why legal departments never give a reason. It is funny, the legislation appears to say they have to back up statements with facts but BOI legal goes nope and then not say why they not agree, you got to love it :)

Thanks for looking into it Billy for me, appreciate there is nothing more you can do. If you have the contact information on who I should contact within BOI could you post it here, or drop me a private IM. I will follow up from there.

• Advertisement

Hi Billy
    Just saw the other response to a query I had here on the forum. You might pass on a little suggestion to the BOI legal team. When they go to answer a query they could do so like the their colleagues who gave the answer to my other question. This addressed each point and gave an answer to each, just a suggestion :)

Hi northwestramble,

We cannot recommend a contact for you within BOI.
    Any update we receive will be posted here.

Thanks

Billy

No problem, thanks Billy I understand, you cannot give out contact details online. I will pop into a branch and ask at customer service what department to contact about my query within the bank to follow up with.

In case anyone was interested, I found out why BOI do not need to give details on KPI. It is because the Consumer Act does not apply to Financial Institutions, even though you are paying for a service as customer. They are governed by the the Financial Act. 

In the Consumer Act, a company must support its statement with facts so a consumer can decide if true or not, however under the Financial Act that banks are governed by, they are under no obligation to do so. It would have being very nice if the BOI legal team had just said something nice and simple like that :) 

Advertisement