Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerkros Cosyman just Buzz's when you try to start

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

I know I said I would leave it buts its Just I have to wait until weekend for Heating Engineer as he is on Holiday ! , Anyway I have been looking at this issue again. It is tripping the breaker as soon as the Heat is switched on.

1 . I have wired directly to alternative power (Just to see if she fires up with only AC and Oil connected ) and it still trips.

2. If I power it on with the Control Box removed it does not trip ,

3. When it does Trip it sparked right at the base of the burner.

4. I have also taken the Pump out of the equation and it still trips.

Any further thoughts

jimf wrote: »
    I would think you have gone as far as you can yourself a new burner fitted and set up properly will set you back approx. 450eu

so don't be in a rush to spend all that money until you get a professional opinion

Just in local hardware getting fuel for stove and Riello Burner G3B is €240 - How much work/knowhow is needed to swap it out ? , Not much I imagine ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

galait wrote: »
    I know I said I would leave it buts its Just I have to wait until weekend for Heating Engineer as he is on Holiday ! , Anyway I have been looking at this issue again. It is tripping the breaker as soon as the Heat is switched on.

1 . I have wired directly to alternative power (Just to see if she fires up with only AC and Oil connected ) and it still trips.

2. If I power it on with the Control Box removed it does not trip ,

3. When it does Trip it sparked right at the base of the burner.

4. I have also taken the Pump out of the equation and it still trips.

Any further thoughts
    Sounds like the motor has short circuited,There must have been moisture still in armature/coil after it got wet.The control box cant be ruled out either but more than likely its the motor.New motor is approx 90euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Just in local hardware getting fuel for stove and Riello Burner G3B is €240 - How much work/knowhow is needed to swap it out ? , Not much I imagine ..
    Unfortunately it not that simple.Your boiler "should" be cleaned/serviced.The correct nozzle should be fitted as per mi for your boiler,Pump pressure will have to be set to mi,electrodes set to mi,The boiler/burner will then need to be set up using a smoke pump and flue gas analyzer to get it work 100 percent efficient.You can take short cuts on this but the downside is your boiler wont operate efficiently

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

agusta wrote: »
    Unfortunately it not that simple.Your boiler "should" be cleaned/serviced.The correct nozzle should be fitted as per mi for your boiler,Pump pressure will have to be set to mi,electrodes set to mi,The boiler/burner will then need to be set up using a smoke pump and flue gas analyzer to get it work 100 percent efficient.You can take short cuts on this but the downside is your boiler wont operate efficiently

All of the above + you can damage your boiler and baffles. Burner head would also have to be the same. I feel that you would really like to have a go at it, but my advice is don't buy anything and get a proper service man person to have a look at it. It will save you money in the long run.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Ah well I have only spent a tenner so far on a capacitor , The upshot is I looked into getting my immersion going after 5 years of not working and it was a simple reset of the stat (Found the answer on boards of course) - Every cloud has a silver lining ,
    Anyway I will wait until the weekend as we are away for a few days and the stove and electric heaters and immersion are more that adequate in the short term , Thanks again...

Update - Guy came to-day and replaced motor - Good Spot Lads, We have heat but it still cuts out and needs to restarted with reset - Any Ideas ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Update - Guy came to-day and replaced motor - Good Spot Lads, We have heat but it still cuts out and needs to restarted with reset - Any Ideas ?

Did it work properly after he fitted the motor or did he just fit the motor & left thinking the lock out is beyond him?

shane0007 wrote: »
    Did it work properly after he fitted the motor or did he just fit the motor & left thinking the lock out is beyond him?

No I was not at home and I did not mention it to him , It was a terrible day and he said he will call back the next fine day to clean the boiler so I will mention it to him then , The Lockout has been happening since we last had oil delivered ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

No I was not at home and I did not mention it to him , It was a terrible day and he said he will call back the next fine day to clean the boiler so I will mention it to him then , The Lockout has been happening since we last had oil delivered ,

TBH, I would rarely replace a motor if there is any age or neglect on a burner. Motors are rare to go unless another fault has affected them, such as bearings or a sticking fuel pump.
    If the motor is gone, I usually replace the burner as it generally won't be too long before you are spending money again on that burner & if you bought all the components that makes up a burner you would most likely pay 3 times the cost of a new burner.

Advertisement