Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead pixel in replacement ipad

• 21-12-2013 5:07pm

I had my ipad replaced under warranty in an Apple store because it developed a hardware fault they deemed to be unfixable. They gave me a replacement which I understand is a factory refurb (came out of a brown generic box). I have no issue with it being a refurb, but when I got it home and switched it on there's one dead pixel right in the centre of the screen.

I've read their threshold for dead pixels warranting a replacement is two or three for ipads and obviously mine has only one. Does anyone know if that policy carries through for replacements which are refurbs? I know it's a consumer issue of sorts but it's also to do with Apple policies hence me posting here. Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've sent back an iPad 3 with one dead pixel. mention that it's hard to spot but once you notice it you can't unnotice it.

your replacement should be the same quality as a new iPad.

Advertisement